CBEffects questions

A few CBEffects questions:

• If I want to make black or dark effect. How do I do that? If I set the color to 0, the effect is not visible. Tried with black and white textures.
  • With emissionNum I can set how many times sequences are fired, but how I set the vent going on like forever?
  • And if the vent is an endless one, how do I stop it?
  • I think it would be nice if we could share our effects somehow - what do you think?
  1. You’ll need to set color to a table containing the RGB values for the color:

color = {0, 0, 0}

2 and 3 are simple enough:

local vent = CBE.newVent({ ... emissionNum = -1, -- Just like a timer repetition parameter ... }) vent:start() -- Start the vent -- Later, use the cleverly-named function for stopping the vent: vent:stop()
  1. How are you envisioning this? Like a gallery that people can share? I don’t know how much time I’d be able to devote to making this sort of thing, what with frontend and backend, hosting, etc. that would need to be done, but if you know of a tool to easily make something like this, I’m definitely open to suggestions.
  • Caleb

Thanks!

How stupid or blind I’ve been with the question one :wink: Works great. I tried that multiple times but somehow I though the vent was getting more transparent :wink:

About the gallery. I don’t know how this could be done - at least not yet. The question was more like that if there would be lots of developers who would like to share effects they have greated and would find this helpful.

1. You’ll need to set color to a table containing the RGB values for the color:

color = {0, 0, 0}

2 and 3 are simple enough:

local vent = CBE.newVent({ ... emissionNum = -1, -- Just like a timer repetition parameter ... }) vent:start() -- Start the vent -- Later, use the cleverly-named function for stopping the vent: vent:stop()
  1. How are you envisioning this? Like a gallery that people can share? I don’t know how much time I’d be able to devote to making this sort of thing, what with frontend and backend, hosting, etc. that would need to be done, but if you know of a tool to easily make something like this, I’m definitely open to suggestions.
  • Caleb

Thanks!

How stupid or blind I’ve been with the question one :wink: Works great. I tried that multiple times but somehow I though the vent was getting more transparent :wink:

About the gallery. I don’t know how this could be done - at least not yet. The question was more like that if there would be lots of developers who would like to share effects they have greated and would find this helpful.