Change Simulator path

Hi 

I am new using corona sdk and I add the editor SDK to the Sublime 3 

and I want to change the simulator path using this:

corona_sdk_simulator_path

but I dont know how to use this, I hope someone could help me understand this.

Thank you in advance.  :slight_smile:

You don’t say if you’re on macOS or Windows. I’ll assume the former since you usually only have one version of the Simulator at a time on Windows.

You can either set it in your user preferences:

Sublime Text > Preferences > Package Settings > Corona Editor > Settings - User

with something like:

“corona_sdk_simulator_path”: “/Applications/CoronaSDK-2970/Corona Simulator.app”,

or in the build.settings for a particular project with:

corona_sdk_simulator_path = “/Applications/CoronaSDK-2675/Corona Simulator.app”,

Note that Corona Editor locates the most recent Daily Build in your Applications folder to run projects so setting the Simulator path is hardly ever necessary (except for older projects that require an older Simulator for some reason).

Hello, I tried putting  “corona_sdk_simulator_path”: “/Applications/CoronaSDK-2992/Corona Simulator.app”,  into  corona editor however when I tried to save the changes, I had an error message pop up saying there was “an error trying to parse settings:Unexpected trailing characters in Packages\User\Corona Editor.sublime:1:28”

P.S. The reason I had to put that into corona editor was because when i tried to run my program, an error message popped up saying it could not locate corona simulator even though I hadn’t changed the default destination of the app. 

Thank you so much! 

/Applications/CoronaSDK-2992/Corona Simulator.app is the path to Corona on a Mac. Your screen shot shows you’re running Windows. The path on Windows would likely be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona Labs\Corona SDK\Corona Simulator.exe 

However Windows allows you to install to alternate places, so you will have to find the place where you installed it. 

Rob

Thank you for replying!

When I tried running my program, an error message popped up saying that sublime text 3 could not find executable corona simulator at path D:\code\Corona SDK\Corona simulator.exe. However when I uninstall and reinstall corona simulator, it installs it to my C drive. Sublime also tells me to set the user preference ‘corona_sdk_simulator_path’ to the location of the simulator. Do you have any idea how to do this? 

If Corona was installed to your C drive, then the path D:\code\Corona SDK\Corona simulator.exe is invalid.

I’m on a Mac, but you should be able to go into Preferences->Package Settings->Corona Editor->Settings - Default

which should open a text file in Sublime text. On mine around line 26 you will see “corona_sdk_simulator_path” but it’s commented out. Remove the two leading //'s and replace <path-to-simulator> with C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona Labs\Corona SDK\Corona Simulator.exe

or where ever it got installed to. Save the file and for good measure restart Sublime Text.

Rob

I put this as my simulator path into settings-User (since Default wouldn’t let me edit) C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona Labs\Corona SDK\Corona Simulator.exe ", however the error message still pops up saying that it couldn’t find it. I tried changing the address of my simulator which is the exact same path except with single slashes but then windows was not able to locate it. Putting the simulator path with single slashes does not work either since I kept getting parser error: invalid escape message. What would you suggest I do if my computer doesn’t recognize the path with double slashes and sublime doesn’t recognize the path with single slashes? 

Thank you so much! 

You might want to try:

/Program^ Files^ ^(x86^)/Corona^ Labs/Corona^ SDK/Corona^ Simulator.exe

and see if that helps.

Rob

You don’t say if you’re on macOS or Windows. I’ll assume the former since you usually only have one version of the Simulator at a time on Windows.

You can either set it in your user preferences:

Sublime Text > Preferences > Package Settings > Corona Editor > Settings - User

with something like:

“corona_sdk_simulator_path”: “/Applications/CoronaSDK-2970/Corona Simulator.app”,

or in the build.settings for a particular project with:

corona_sdk_simulator_path = “/Applications/CoronaSDK-2675/Corona Simulator.app”,

Note that Corona Editor locates the most recent Daily Build in your Applications folder to run projects so setting the Simulator path is hardly ever necessary (except for older projects that require an older Simulator for some reason).

Hello, I tried putting  “corona_sdk_simulator_path”: “/Applications/CoronaSDK-2992/Corona Simulator.app”,  into  corona editor however when I tried to save the changes, I had an error message pop up saying there was “an error trying to parse settings:Unexpected trailing characters in Packages\User\Corona Editor.sublime:1:28”

P.S. The reason I had to put that into corona editor was because when i tried to run my program, an error message popped up saying it could not locate corona simulator even though I hadn’t changed the default destination of the app. 

Thank you so much! 

/Applications/CoronaSDK-2992/Corona Simulator.app is the path to Corona on a Mac. Your screen shot shows you’re running Windows. The path on Windows would likely be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona Labs\Corona SDK\Corona Simulator.exe 

However Windows allows you to install to alternate places, so you will have to find the place where you installed it. 

Rob

Thank you for replying!

When I tried running my program, an error message popped up saying that sublime text 3 could not find executable corona simulator at path D:\code\Corona SDK\Corona simulator.exe. However when I uninstall and reinstall corona simulator, it installs it to my C drive. Sublime also tells me to set the user preference ‘corona_sdk_simulator_path’ to the location of the simulator. Do you have any idea how to do this? 

If Corona was installed to your C drive, then the path D:\code\Corona SDK\Corona simulator.exe is invalid.

I’m on a Mac, but you should be able to go into Preferences->Package Settings->Corona Editor->Settings - Default

which should open a text file in Sublime text. On mine around line 26 you will see “corona_sdk_simulator_path” but it’s commented out. Remove the two leading //'s and replace <path-to-simulator> with C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona Labs\Corona SDK\Corona Simulator.exe

or where ever it got installed to. Save the file and for good measure restart Sublime Text.

Rob

I put this as my simulator path into settings-User (since Default wouldn’t let me edit) C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona Labs\Corona SDK\Corona Simulator.exe ", however the error message still pops up saying that it couldn’t find it. I tried changing the address of my simulator which is the exact same path except with single slashes but then windows was not able to locate it. Putting the simulator path with single slashes does not work either since I kept getting parser error: invalid escape message. What would you suggest I do if my computer doesn’t recognize the path with double slashes and sublime doesn’t recognize the path with single slashes? 

Thank you so much! 

You might want to try:

/Program^ Files^ ^(x86^)/Corona^ Labs/Corona^ SDK/Corona^ Simulator.exe

and see if that helps.

Rob