Changing tile size during runtime

Is there a way to change the reference to the tile-size during runtime?

What I’m trying to accomplish is to change the tile size after scaling the map. Let’s say I’m zooming out 50%, then the sprites no longer move in allignment to a grid-system of 32x32 sized tiles. I now need to change the distance the player is moving by 50% too, to keep it alligned with the grids (which in this case will be 16x16).

I’m using a “transition.to” based movement system like the one in the “Basic RPG Movement” example which bases it’s movement on grid +/-1 instead of x/y-positions. The whole framework for my game is grid-based so I mainly use grid-positions, not x/y-positions. [import]uid: 129287 topic_id: 25843 reply_id: 325843[/import]

Putting all of your character groups and grid groups inside of a master group will allow you to scale the master group and preserve the same coordinate system. For example, 100 pixels becomes 50 pixels inside of the master group when everything is scaled by .5. I haven’t used the framework you are running, but this has never given me a problem with grid based movement. [import]uid: 38614 topic_id: 25843 reply_id: 104514[/import]

@adamjonesproductions: Thank you for your response. I had tried to place the objects I wanted to scale into a group, this was the first thing I did, but with no luck. The problem was that neither map (local map = lime.loadMap(“map.tmx”)) nor layer (local layer = map:getTileLayer(“Tile Layer 1”)) could be placed inside a new display-group and then be scaled. This gave an error message saying Proxy expected, got nil. And when placing visual (local visual = lime.createVisual(map)) in the scaleGroup, nothing happened.

However, I finally figured this one out. The solution to the problem was to place the displayGroup called map.world in the scaleGroup. [import]uid: 129287 topic_id: 25843 reply_id: 104644[/import]