I think that the message I’m getting on Android (“Chartboost: network reachability not supported on this platform”) is just a notice that the device can’t detect network status changes.
I’m getting Chartboost ads on my Google Play and Amazon builds.
What a boon that function is! Still getting used to the Chartboost portal. Much more to it than RevMob. cb.showMoreApps() alone is worth integrating Chartboost.
What I was talking about was that the fact that I was not getting ads because I did not start a campaign! I am not testing cross promotion so yes you need to start a campaign to get revenues from installs.
@Renato: Are you by any chance using the timed_chartboost_show_ad()???
If yes you may need to use show_ad() when you want to show an ad. In my case I have the code above (first post) in my main.lua BUT use show_ad() (not timed) in game over module. Time to time I do not see any ads but it is because they were none at the time. After a while I see ads again.
Hum… I too see only one game when using more games BUT I am getting a close button (top right) I am not sure only one game. Maybe it takes time to populate but also maybe I am setting the system wrong? The good thing about it is that player is taken to the App Store right away and stay inside your game in case the ad is not really appealing to them. Will love it if some can get more apps in the more games. More games more chance to get a download! Cheers. Mo
GOT IT! All you have to do is that add your campaign over and over (so if want 5 games to show up then add the same campaign 5 times! Each slot is filled with a different game! For some reason I can seems to add a specific game that is on the App Store (mine for cross promotion) but I am sure we can do it.
Enjoy!
Mo
EDIT: if you called your campaign “more games” just added and over and over to the list…
EDIT 2: I can see at least one repeat (the slots game right now) in my list of 5 games)
EDIT3: anybody able to add own app to the list? I will assume I just need to start typing my app name but nothing is showing on the list?
Not sure if this is any use but this is how I did it for iOS
For each app:
Login
Apps->Add App
iOS Search App Store to populate remaining fields.
Tick both Portrait & Landscape for App Orientation to avoid orientation bug.
Also select a default orientation.
For the app you want the More Apps wall to appear:
Apps-Overview click on App Name
Click More Apps page at the bottom
Click Add All Apps (located at the top of the iPhone image)
One of my app icons in the More Apps screen on device took a few minutes to populate (network propagation delay) but other than that it went well.
There’s a bunch of functions on github and I’m quite sure I don’t know what many of them do…
I’ll probably serve my full screen ads like this: Chartboost (if fail) ->RevMob (if fail) -> Leadbolt app wall. I may not bother with Leadbolt app wall. I’ve used it before (without going via Lunar Ads) and it’s 3rd behind RevMob and iAD.
Thanks Martin! I am still curious how you were able to add YOUR app to the “more apps” wall? When i try to add a campaign, it works great (it found my compaign that called more games) but when i try to type any (not just mine) app name (like angry birds for instance…just an example) it never found that app in the box? I am assuming that you can add your app(s) on the list of more apps so you can self promote?
I’m sorry to say I don’t know why it’s not working for you.
Step 3 in the first list of steps works for me using iOS. I entered the full titles of my own apps and the Chartboost portal populated the remaining fields. You might have to drop Chartboost an email. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help and I hope it works out for you!
Hey no problem Martin. I will contact Chartboost. Still I am curious about the link “add all apps” on the simulator. What happen you click on that? Do you actually see different apps names showing up when start type letters in the search box? For me any letter type always shows the name of my campaign that I called “more games” In any event it is not that important at this time since I am already happy they I can see multiple apps on the more games display. THANK YOU Martin. Mo
Just logged into Chartboost portal to remind myself what I did!
So, when I clicked on Add All Apps (the orange text at the top of the iPhone image) the iPhone screen in the portal populated with all my apps. That is to say, all my apps other than the one that is showing the “more apps wall”.
As it stands I have one app yet to be released that shows my other apps (in the “more apps wall”) that are already on the store. I have only one publishing campaign and that is for the app yet to be released.
That portal is a bit of a minefield @ the Mo!(ment)
Best,
Martin.
For those apps that are already on the app store I have created
Thanks Martin! LOL, I guess I was trying to cross-promote the same app I was displaying it from! It is still curious that it could not found the paid version (since I was testing with the free version of my app) Maybe they go with the name and not the apple ID of the app. The free and paid version have almost the same beginning spelling… Still no big deal for now. I will worry about it when I release my second app!
@Bldko: It seems to work fine for me. Not sure why it won’t for some people like Renato. It works both in simulator (PC and mac) as well as in the devices (iphone5, iphone4 and ipad2 all OS 6+) I believe the notes says that It won’t work for OS 5 so watch that for that. All i did was to copy/past the code above (in my main.lua) , start a campaign and use show_ad() (not the timing one) in my gameOver.lua. I do not get 100% fill rate but not bad. My plan is to combine it with Revmob (and maybe even with Tap for Tap) so pretty much no matter what people will see an ad. Need more work on this implementation.
In short, yes it works for ME!
Hope this help.
Mo
ps: As I said before, I am using my Space Command ID (which is a live app) for it but my code is not integrated yet in Space Command. Not sure if that makes a difference.
I’ve released an iOS app with Chartboost implemented, but there record very little SDK installs.
By installs I mean the installs of my game with Chartboost SDK implemented,
NOT the advertised apps in my game (these are 0 for now)
For 3 days I’ve had 28 new downloads of my updated app + 113 new updates.
While in the chartboost dashboard I have 12 SDK installs recorded…
So there are 141 real VS 12 recorded SDK installs.
Are you having similiar issue with your apps that are alredy live on the AppStore?
If the SDK install tracking doesn’t sound promising, how can they track advertised app installs
And no - I don’t have that android permission enabled. It’s an iOS app only.