Check if a dlc has been purchased on steam

Hi Rob, 

I had seen someone ask this question in one of the earlier threads and seems like it has been archived so I’m having to start a new thread. Here’s a link to the earlier thread - https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/73850-steam-microtransactions-vs-dlc-in-corona/

Basically Steam, in their API documentation have mentioned a method named BlsDlcInstalled which would allow us to check if a dlc is installed/owned by the user. I’ve gone through corona’s documentation for steamworks plugin and can’t find any method that could be used to achieve the same. Has this feature been implemented or is there any other way of doing it? 

Cheers.

Karun

I doubt we ever implemented it. The Steam plugin is open source, so an enterprising community developer could grab the source code and implement an API for it.

Rob

Yes saw the plugin on github. Actually a function has been implemented and I can see the relevant parts of code in the repository. I’m not quite aware how to incorporate the file in my corona project as it is written in C++. Could you get that plugin to be made live so that we can access the function and check for an installed dlc. The present plugin is not up to date as when I try to access that function it fires a nil error.

I’ll investigate.

Rob

Did something come off Rob? I wanted to put an this week for my dlc it’ll be helpful if you could let me know if there’s any scope of getting the steamworks plugin updated by then.   

Update - I checked the logs of the github repository and was able to see a commit on 18 October 2018 that says “Added isDlcInstalled”. That is exactly what I’m after and if you could please ask your dev team to update the live plugin adding this functionality, I’d be grateful. 

Thanks.

Sorry about the late reply. The plugin was updated on 10/22 can you try it?

Rob