ClassNotFoundException from chartboost integration

Hi all,

Yesterday morning I integrated my corona game with chartboost and after integration I saw chartboost ad on my htc, nexus and even simulator. Then I published the game to google play and from then on till now I cannot see chartboost lua on any of my device(my wife’s device too). It won’t worry me as I know from my previous experience with chartboost that ads have been shown once per a few days on single device, but now it worry me as I see this warning when app start(I didn’t change the code since it worked right after integration):

V/Corona (16558): \> Class.forName: chartboostSDK.chartboostdata.LuaLoader V/Corona (16558): WARNING: Could not load 'LuaLoader' W/System.err(16558): java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: chartboostSDK.chartboostdata.LuaLoader W/System.err(16558): at java.lang.Class.classForName(Native Method) W/System.err(16558): at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:217) W/System.err(16558): at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:172) W/System.err(16558): at com.ansca.corona.NativeToJavaBridge.callLoadClass(NativeToJavaBridge.java:375) W/System.err(16558): at com.ansca.corona.JavaToNativeShim.nativeResize(Native Method) W/System.err(16558): at com.ansca.corona.JavaToNativeShim.resize(JavaToNativeShim.java:317) W/System.err(16558): at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.CoronaGLSurfaceView$CoronaRenderer.onSurfaceChanged(CoronaGLSurfaceView.java:3 58) W/System.err(16558): at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun(GLSurfaceView.java:1611) W/System.err(16558): at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run(GLSurfaceView.java:1377) W/System.err(16558): Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: chartboostSDK/chartboostdata/LuaLoader W/System.err(16558): ... 9 more W/System.err(16558): Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "chartboostSDK.chartboostdata.LuaLoader" on path: /dat a/app/org.fonal.game.airHockey-1.apk W/System.err(16558): at dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(BaseDexClassLoader.java:65) W/System.err(16558): at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:501) W/System.err(16558): at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:461) W/System.err(16558): ... 9 more  

Could someone check if has the same regardless chartboost works for him for sure?

I noticed and can confirm that ads from chartboost works properly regardless to this error.

The chartboostdata module was removed from their SDK a few months back.

I checked the source but can’t find any references to it, so it looks like they’ve forgotten to remove some references in their internal modules which we have no access to.

I’ve emailed them about this issue so they can fix it.

I noticed and can confirm that ads from chartboost works properly regardless to this error.

The chartboostdata module was removed from their SDK a few months back.

I checked the source but can’t find any references to it, so it looks like they’ve forgotten to remove some references in their internal modules which we have no access to.

I’ve emailed them about this issue so they can fix it.

Were you able to figure this out? I’m seeing the exact same error.

@MochiBits
You shouldn’t use the Lua Chartboost library as it will not report correctly if you’re using a Corona build after 2168.
I’ll be releasing a Chartboost plugin next week (for free) that will be hosted by Corona Labs.

Were you able to figure this out? I’m seeing the exact same error.

@MochiBits
You shouldn’t use the Lua Chartboost library as it will not report correctly if you’re using a Corona build after 2168.
I’ll be releasing a Chartboost plugin next week (for free) that will be hosted by Corona Labs.