Code Completion stops working

Often while using Glider code completion(and most useful features) stop working, this happens on several computers I use. the latest shows this error(below) restarting the app does not help, but sometimes it works fine for a while, so not sure what would cause this problem intermittently.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupportCompiler.SymbolTable.Expressions.Address.ProjectScope at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.Utils.getProjectAddressFor(Utils.java:65) at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.Utils.getFileAddressFor(Utils.java:59) at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.AutocompleteContextFinder.create(AutocompleteContextFinder.java:41) at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.AutocompleteContextFinder.create(AutocompleteContextFinder.java:37) at com.MYDevelopers.LuaVMScanner.EditorTooltipPluginImpl.addOccurences(EditorTooltipPluginImpl.java:43) at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.OccurrencesFinder.LuaOccurrencesFinderNew$1.run(LuaOccurrencesFinderNew.java:78) at org.netbeans.editor.GuardedDocument.runAtomicAsUser(GuardedDocument.java:351) at com.MYDevelopers.LuaSupport.OccurrencesFinder.LuaOccurrencesFinderNew.run(LuaOccurrencesFinderNew.java:72) at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.semantic.MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.processImpl(MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.java:166) at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.semantic.MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.run(MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.java:131) at org.netbeans.modules.csl.editor.semantic.MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.run(MarkOccurrencesHighlighter.java:81) at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor.callParserResultTask(TaskProcessor.java:568) [catch] at org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.TaskProcessor$CompilationJob.run(TaskProcessor.java:744) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1423) at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)

Tim,

Thank you for the stacktrace. Would you mind uploading the logs via help-> upload logs?

When the autocomplete does work how does it perform?

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

When it does work, it is pretty good, on occasion it it will say “Please Wait” in the dialog for a few moments,  when it does not work (with the error above) it just hangs with Please Wait forever

forgot to say what I had for a machine, I am running Windows 7, on an intel i7 with 16GB Ram

pretty much the same setup on my home machine as well, both occasionally have the same problem.

Worst case I have to reboot if I want code completion to work again(and I do want it working saves a ton of time)   :slight_smile:

I love glider, been using it since early “Cider”

Tim,

Thank you for the stacktrace. Would you mind uploading the logs via help-> upload logs?

When the autocomplete does work how does it perform?

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

When it does work, it is pretty good, on occasion it it will say “Please Wait” in the dialog for a few moments,  when it does not work (with the error above) it just hangs with Please Wait forever

forgot to say what I had for a machine, I am running Windows 7, on an intel i7 with 16GB Ram

pretty much the same setup on my home machine as well, both occasionally have the same problem.

Worst case I have to reboot if I want code completion to work again(and I do want it working saves a ton of time)   :slight_smile:

I love glider, been using it since early “Cider”