No. Compiling on a 32-bit operating system does not affect the resulting *.xap file. The only issue with using a 32-bit operating system that I’m aware of is that you are unable to use the WP8 emulator.
If your app is using display.newText() and is updating text regularly, then that will have a huge performance impact. Odds are text is what is slowing down your app.
I recommend that you download some existing Corona made apps to get a feel for how well Corona can perform on your device. For example, give OmNomster a try…
Maybe it’s the text, I have a timer that updates the score in incremental fashion, I’ll try to disable that and just update the score display immediately.
I see, thanks Josh. My app has a timer that updates text every second, and a score box that incrementaly updates every 20/1000 second.
and time bomb items (maybe 10 text boxes) that updates every second too.
I’ll try to dispose of the incremental score update., that updates 20/1000 second, i think that is whats killing performance, I’ll update this thread once I get home and modify code.
No. Compiling on a 32-bit operating system does not affect the resulting *.xap file. The only issue with using a 32-bit operating system that I’m aware of is that you are unable to use the WP8 emulator.
If your app is using display.newText() and is updating text regularly, then that will have a huge performance impact. Odds are text is what is slowing down your app.
I recommend that you download some existing Corona made apps to get a feel for how well Corona can perform on your device. For example, give OmNomster a try…
Maybe it’s the text, I have a timer that updates the score in incremental fashion, I’ll try to disable that and just update the score display immediately.
I see, thanks Josh. My app has a timer that updates text every second, and a score box that incrementaly updates every 20/1000 second.
and time bomb items (maybe 10 text boxes) that updates every second too.
I’ll try to dispose of the incremental score update., that updates 20/1000 second, i think that is whats killing performance, I’ll update this thread once I get home and modify code.