Composer Error

Have a report from about a Runtime Error in our app.  The error message they sent says:

/Users/jenkins/slaveroot/workspace/Templates/label/android/subrepos/composer/composer.lua: 1453: ?:0: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

Are we not able to see the source of composer.lua?  Knowing what is happening at line 1453 would help me debug this.

So basically, you either are trying to go to a scene that doesn’t exist or the scene has an error in it.

Rob

An easy way to (sometimes) track this down is to do this:

require "path.path.sceneName' -- obviously pseudo-code

This causes the file to be interpreted and and will sometimes show the source of errors with a nicer message.

This was a one off error from a user, and uninstalling/reinstalling seemed to fix it.  Very odd, I definitely am not calling to a non existent scene or a scene with bad syntax.

So basically, you either are trying to go to a scene that doesn’t exist or the scene has an error in it.

Rob

An easy way to (sometimes) track this down is to do this:

require "path.path.sceneName' -- obviously pseudo-code

This causes the file to be interpreted and and will sometimes show the source of errors with a nicer message.

This was a one off error from a user, and uninstalling/reinstalling seemed to fix it.  Very odd, I definitely am not calling to a non existent scene or a scene with bad syntax.