Congratulations and some feedback

Hey there,

first of all congratulations on the release of Corona Live Server! It has already improved my workflow by ten folds. I’m at a point where the simulator won’t cut it and testing on device is really necessary and so this was a really welcome addition.

Everything seems to be working properly so far, at least on iOS.

My small suggestion is about how much can this concept be improved. I mean at the moment at every change it’s restarting the whole application. Can this be pushed to the point where just the resources or the scripts are hot-reloaded? 

This would be insanely efficient from a workflow point of view. Imagine changing a sprite while playing or even better tweak values for the AI of the last boss monster while battling against it!

Let me know if you want me to turn this suggestion into a proper feature request.

Thanks again,

Gianmichele

Thanks you for your feedback!

Hot-reloading would be great but there is quite a big line up of issues (logical, as well as technical) to be solved before implementing it.

Thanks you for your feedback!

Hot-reloading would be great but there is quite a big line up of issues (logical, as well as technical) to be solved before implementing it.