Considering Buying a License

I’ve been mostly happy with my trial of Glider. Recently I have been having issue with the application freezing. The other day it happened about 4 times in an hour.This is quite frustrating. Is anyone else seeing this? Any solutions? I’m going to try the 32 bit version to see if I have any more success there.

I get a notification that “1 update found,” but none are ever applied. Is anyone else seeing this?

There also seems to be many questions in the forum that are unanswered and questions about if the software is still supported. Can anyone speak to this?

One other thing that I see on Outlaw that looks nice is the list of functions on the sidebar. I have not been able to figure this out in Glider. I there an option to list and navigate to functions?

SublimeText and Outlaw didn’t quite do it for me and Visual Studio seemed to be quite far behind. I may give ZeroBrane a try too.

Product Version: Lua Glider 2.0 201403101706

Updates: Updates available

Java: 1.8.0_25; Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM 25.25-b02

Runtime: Java™ SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_25-b18

System: Windows 8 version 6.2 running on amd64; UTF-8; en_US (luaglider2)

User directory: C:\Users\Clark\AppData\Roaming\luaglider2\dev

Cache directory: C:\Users\Clark\AppData\Roaming\luaglider2\dev\var\cache       

If it’s lagging out on you why don’t you try uninstalling it then restarting your PC then downloading newest version and installing then restarting your PC again. See if that fixes it. The prices for Glider seem really good. So if you really like it then give it another go!.

I personally stuck with Sublime. After installing a couple plugins and getting the layout and view I desired I really can’t switch to something else. I have 2 monitors ( Getting a 3rd soon ) so coding on multiple screen is just a blast with Sublime unlike other Software iv’e tried.

–SonicX278 

> One other thing that I see on Outlaw that looks nice is the list of functions on the sidebar. I have not been able to figure this out in Glider. I there an option to list and navigate to functions?

> SublimeText and Outlaw didn’t quite do it for me and Visual Studio seemed to be quite far behind. I may give ZeroBrane a try too.

@clarkburbidge, ZeroBrane Studio does provide the function outline similar to Outlaw; it not only shows the list, but also (1) allows you to see the hierarchy of function, (2) distinguishes global/local/anonymous functions, (3) allows you to sort and flatten the list, and (4) highlights the current position in the list (by bolding the functions the cursor is in). This design is the result of lengthy discussions with several users, including Corona users, and it’s a popular feature based on the feedback we’ve received so far.

In addition to that, the IDE also indexes all the functions in the entire project and does a fuzzy search on them (Ctrl/Cmd-B); you can also do a fuzzy search for files (Ctrl/Cmd-P) and API functions (Ctrl/Cmd-;).

@SonicX278 - I did an uninstall and reinstall with the latest 32 bit as I was on 64 and it froze up again. Are you with MY Developers?

@paulclinger - You seem like a ZB fan or connected somehow. Great enthusiasm! The function list is interesting. How about a dark color scheme? ST has a nice look and I was able to mimic it in Glider. White is so bright |(

No I’m not with MY. But they do seem to be responsive on these forums.

–SonicX278

@clark, yes, I’m both the fan and the developer for it ;). In terms of the dark color scheme, it’s definitely possible. Here is the description (http://notebook.kulchenko.com/zerobrane/zerobrane-studio-in-zenburn-and-tomorrow-colors) and here is an example from one of the users on Linux (http://notebook.kulchenko.com/zerobrane/zerobrane-studio-in-black). Paul.

This software as far as I can tell is not supported anymore - numerous problems and no input from developer. I do own a registered copy.

I consistently have a message saying there is an update, and when you click it, it says there isn’t any.

It had potential, but seems to be dead in the water.

If it’s lagging out on you why don’t you try uninstalling it then restarting your PC then downloading newest version and installing then restarting your PC again. See if that fixes it. The prices for Glider seem really good. So if you really like it then give it another go!.

I personally stuck with Sublime. After installing a couple plugins and getting the layout and view I desired I really can’t switch to something else. I have 2 monitors ( Getting a 3rd soon ) so coding on multiple screen is just a blast with Sublime unlike other Software iv’e tried.

–SonicX278 

> One other thing that I see on Outlaw that looks nice is the list of functions on the sidebar. I have not been able to figure this out in Glider. I there an option to list and navigate to functions?

> SublimeText and Outlaw didn’t quite do it for me and Visual Studio seemed to be quite far behind. I may give ZeroBrane a try too.

@clarkburbidge, ZeroBrane Studio does provide the function outline similar to Outlaw; it not only shows the list, but also (1) allows you to see the hierarchy of function, (2) distinguishes global/local/anonymous functions, (3) allows you to sort and flatten the list, and (4) highlights the current position in the list (by bolding the functions the cursor is in). This design is the result of lengthy discussions with several users, including Corona users, and it’s a popular feature based on the feedback we’ve received so far.

In addition to that, the IDE also indexes all the functions in the entire project and does a fuzzy search on them (Ctrl/Cmd-B); you can also do a fuzzy search for files (Ctrl/Cmd-P) and API functions (Ctrl/Cmd-;).

@SonicX278 - I did an uninstall and reinstall with the latest 32 bit as I was on 64 and it froze up again. Are you with MY Developers?

@paulclinger - You seem like a ZB fan or connected somehow. Great enthusiasm! The function list is interesting. How about a dark color scheme? ST has a nice look and I was able to mimic it in Glider. White is so bright |(

No I’m not with MY. But they do seem to be responsive on these forums.

–SonicX278

@clark, yes, I’m both the fan and the developer for it ;). In terms of the dark color scheme, it’s definitely possible. Here is the description (http://notebook.kulchenko.com/zerobrane/zerobrane-studio-in-zenburn-and-tomorrow-colors) and here is an example from one of the users on Linux (http://notebook.kulchenko.com/zerobrane/zerobrane-studio-in-black). Paul.

This software as far as I can tell is not supported anymore - numerous problems and no input from developer. I do own a registered copy.

I consistently have a message saying there is an update, and when you click it, it says there isn’t any.

It had potential, but seems to be dead in the water.