console to simulator glitched

so just a day ago I got this glitch where the console goes straight down to hell. whenever i try to re-size the console by grabbing to the edges of the corners or just the side edges, it disappears  and the only way to get it back is to restart corona simulator. help?

I think you are triggering a Windows 7 “feature” (double quoted, heh) where if your resize a window along the edge of a desktop, the Windows OS will actually stretch it to completely fill the screen vertically or horizontally depending on which edge of the screen you are dragging it on.  That’s not a bug.  Nor is it something we can control.  It’s a feature of the OS that allows you to dock the window to fill the screen horizontally/vertically.  Just resize it back by grabbing the top edge of the window.  Or right click the window title bar and click “Size” from the popup menu.

And here’s another fun Windows 7 feature that you probably won’t like.  Shaking a window will hide all other windows on the desktop.  Shaking it again will make them appear again.  :slight_smile:

sorry for wasting your time, I found the error, I had to right click the top of the console and go in properties and go in the layout tab and change the height tab. it was 300, A natural height i would say is about 30-60. having it at 300, trying to change the size dynamically caused it to disappear what im guessing is wayyyy down in the edge of space of my resolution. well here is a picture for a clear view of what to change free of charge :) 

tweKhJz.png

Hopefully the spiffy new console in the Windows Simulator works better for you (available in Daily Build CoronaSDK 2015.2799 and later).

I think you are triggering a Windows 7 “feature” (double quoted, heh) where if your resize a window along the edge of a desktop, the Windows OS will actually stretch it to completely fill the screen vertically or horizontally depending on which edge of the screen you are dragging it on.  That’s not a bug.  Nor is it something we can control.  It’s a feature of the OS that allows you to dock the window to fill the screen horizontally/vertically.  Just resize it back by grabbing the top edge of the window.  Or right click the window title bar and click “Size” from the popup menu.

And here’s another fun Windows 7 feature that you probably won’t like.  Shaking a window will hide all other windows on the desktop.  Shaking it again will make them appear again.  :slight_smile:

sorry for wasting your time, I found the error, I had to right click the top of the console and go in properties and go in the layout tab and change the height tab. it was 300, A natural height i would say is about 30-60. having it at 300, trying to change the size dynamically caused it to disappear what im guessing is wayyyy down in the edge of space of my resolution. well here is a picture for a clear view of what to change free of charge :) 

tweKhJz.png

Hopefully the spiffy new console in the Windows Simulator works better for you (available in Daily Build CoronaSDK 2015.2799 and later).