Contributing - fixing issues

Hello,

I reported a bug some time ago that hasn’t been fixed. That’s ok. But now that Corona is open source, I’d like to go and try to fix it myself.

I’ve browsed a little bit the github repository and I’m unable to find even the relevant source file  :wacko:

Are there any plans to release a guide or something to the source code?

In my specific case (a bug happening in native text fields in the windows simulator/environmnet but not in the OSX one, IIRC), any pointer to where should I been looking at?

Thanks!

Can you be more specific about the bug?

Ups, sorry, of course.

It is a bug with the native text field’s user input event - the new characters, position, etc were wrong, in Windows / android but ok for iOS…

Sorry, I posted a bug in the tracker, with all details and sample code but there seems to be no way to access it.

Thanks.

@jaime9 How far did you get? “browsed a little bit” isn’t very specific.  :slight_smile:

For a given function in the API, you can pretty easily find its definition by looking up the last part of the name, since that will be used as the key to load it into the appropriate module ( native , in this case). Doing a search for “newTextField” (with the quotes) points me to Rtt_LuaLibNative.cpp , which on Windows / Visual Studio is in the Corona.Rtt.Library.Win32 project.

Mind you, that’s just the bit that actually makes the text field, so probably not the relevant file, but it’s enough to start following leads.

You might also hunt around for Rtt_WIN_ENV or Rtt_ANDROID_ENV (or instead, the other preprocessor constants as opposed to those) to find per-platform code sections.

You’re right, not my best day  :smiley:

Just wanted to take a peek before cloning the repository and get seriously into it.

I’ve done already and it seems to like my newer VStudio 2017 - so I’m giving it a try.

Thanks for your time!

Can you be more specific about the bug?

Ups, sorry, of course.

It is a bug with the native text field’s user input event - the new characters, position, etc were wrong, in Windows / android but ok for iOS…

Sorry, I posted a bug in the tracker, with all details and sample code but there seems to be no way to access it.

Thanks.

@jaime9 How far did you get? “browsed a little bit” isn’t very specific.  :slight_smile:

For a given function in the API, you can pretty easily find its definition by looking up the last part of the name, since that will be used as the key to load it into the appropriate module ( native , in this case). Doing a search for “newTextField” (with the quotes) points me to Rtt_LuaLibNative.cpp , which on Windows / Visual Studio is in the Corona.Rtt.Library.Win32 project.

Mind you, that’s just the bit that actually makes the text field, so probably not the relevant file, but it’s enough to start following leads.

You might also hunt around for Rtt_WIN_ENV or Rtt_ANDROID_ENV (or instead, the other preprocessor constants as opposed to those) to find per-platform code sections.

You’re right, not my best day  :smiley:

Just wanted to take a peek before cloning the repository and get seriously into it.

I’ve done already and it seems to like my newer VStudio 2017 - so I’m giving it a try.

Thanks for your time!