Coromon - Play the demo now! - Steam, Android, iOS

Hello everyone!

After six years of development we finally released a demo for Coromon on Steam, Android and iOS. We’d love for you all to try it out. All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Download here: https://www.coromon.com

Gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTQvifz8Qus

Screenshots: https://www.coromon.com/screenshots.html

Presskit: https://www.coromon.com/press/index.php

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTQvifz8Qus[/media]

About Coromon

Coromon is a modern monster taming game with retro pixelart. Coromon brings an immersive storyline, strategic turn-based combat and challenging puzzles to a classic genre.

Tactical turn-based battles:

Use powerful moves to take down your opponent’s Squad. Use your skills to poison, stun or damage your opponent with an arsenal of available skills.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:8795]

Explore vast areas:

In the region of Velua where Humans and Coromon live in harmony, a shady organization is on the verge of releasing a dark power upon the world. Will they succeed in their evil plans, or can they still be stopped?

Step into the role of a young hero joining the technologically advanced organisation of Lux Solis. Gather your favorite Coromon to create a powerful squad. Together with your Coromon, you’ll have to train, fight and puzzle your way through an adventure-filled world!

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:8793]

Features:

* A compelling story

Coromon is a story driven game with an interesting plot, revolving around a trainer who just started working for Lux Solis.

* Difficulty levels

You can select your own difficulty. Whether you want to take it easy, play the normal experience, or want to try out the hard or insane difficulty, everyone can choose how they want to play.

* Epic boss battles

There are six Titans known to exist in Velua, which hold immense powers. These battles will put you and your Coromon to the ultimate test of strength.

* Challenging puzzles

Each of the Titans is hidden away in its own dungeon. Reaching them will not be easy! You will be put to the test with innovating and challenging puzzles.

* Stat customisation

Every Coromon is unique, but also every trainer. After gaining enough XP, your Coromon will earn bonus stat points, which you can distribute over its stats as you see fit. Train that glass canon you’ve always dreamed about, or the ultimate tank Coromon.

* Character customisation

Create your own unique character from hundreds of clothing assets, hairstyles and hats. During the game, you will be able to update your appearance by finding more items, or by visiting the local hairdresser or tanning salloon.

* 120+ animated Coromon

The Velua region is filled with over 120 animated Coromon for you to catch and train, so that everyone can put together their favorite squad.

* Unique regions to explore

Velua consists of many different climates, which all have their unique look and feel. Every new town or route you visit will give a completely new atmosphere.

* Beautiful visuals

Coromon features stunning modernised pixelart visuals inspired by classics of the rpg genre.

* Original soundtrack with 50+ tracks

An inspiring soundtrack by Davi Vasc, inspired by music from the genre’s greatest soundtracks. The soundtracks include unique tracks for each area, emphasizing the surroundings of the player.

* Multiple saveslots

We offer two saveslots and an autosave functionality, so that you can try multiple playthroughs without losing your valuable savedata.

Thanks for reading!

Team Coromon

I installed the game on Steam and while watching the trailer, I thought to myself how it seemed like a nifty Pokemon clone, but having played it for a while, I must admit that it is gorgeous and plays really well. Great job! I can’t wait for the final product.

One suggestion that I would make is to let the player interact more at the start of the game. The first 10 minutes or so are essentially just pressing space to continue with dialogue. Some of the background audio loops also get old very fast, the one in the building after the train ride started getting on my nerves already. :stuck_out_tongue:

Then, if you lose to the opponent at the start and decide to go to the trainer’s hub, then the dialogue with the opponent will start from all over again “Which Coromon did you choose…” and then the game will crash.

Also, I just had to try the good old fashioned “my dude” name meme.I just had to see if you had integrated the player name into dialogue, and I wasn’t disappointed when the character’s mother kept calling the player “my dude” over and over again :smiley:

“So here you are, my dude. At the starting line of your own adventure.”

• Mom

“Ah, my dude. Welcome to our wonderful organisation.”

• Receptionist

Again, great job! It looks awesome!

The style and animation looks great, congrats!

Looks really good. As for the crash, with my Steam game I intercept runtime errors (which thankfully are pretty rare now), send the stack trace to loggly, and display a more generic and apologetic message to the user. 

Thank you for your feedback and kind words! The less extended course is an addition we just added, and we apparently forgot you can lose in the first battle. Just uploaded a fix for that to Steam. Love the my dude meme :stuck_out_tongue: Haven’t even thought of that when I did my own playthroughs.

Thanks!  :slight_smile:

Ah of course, will be adding that in the next build. Thanks! (already logging stack traces)

Pokemon, Digimon, Coromon. All with the same concept. I would have at least changed the name a bit more. :stuck_out_tongue:

This looks incredible!

This is top quality, one of the best Corona games ever.
I think I came to an end after completing the tasks in the second city, but I’m not sure if I’m missing something

Thanks!!  :slight_smile:

Thank you for your kind words! Second city as in Hayville? After retrieving your Coromon from the Trainer Hub there you can push the log and continue the demo, way more content to come :wink: The playthrough time of the demo is around 5-15 hours.

I’d love if this was free. Feels weird saying this but I think the AppStore lacks good pokemon clones lmao

I got told to go to the dining table.  I can see there is a box there but nothing seems to happen when I get there?

Maybe I’m doing something wrong but this is the point I’d stop playing and uninstall.

Also a tap to go here would be much better than joystick movement IMHO.

The art is nice though.

Interesting, have not received this feedback before, I guess you did not notice the interact button in the bottom right corner when standing in front of the dining table?

Tap navigation is interesting as option too, I’ll look into that.

I got here and I guess expected to interact with the parcel on the table… I saw the blue button but it does nothing?

I see now that you have to be in front of the table but really that is a bit inflexible IMHO.

Also, I always swipe the wrong way… If I want to go down I find myself swiping up.  It seems natural to me to scroll the background rather than move the player (as the player doesn’t move).

Maybe it is because I don’t play these kinda games.  Just my honest feedback.  Take it as you see fit :slight_smile:

This is gorgeous! I’m getting it right now

Amazing!