Corona Card in Native Framwork

Hi,

Can I build an iOS native framework with my Corona Card framework nested in it?

IF “Yes”: How can I achieve it?

IF “No”:  Is there a way to create a dependency with a Corona framework on the native project using the library? If there is how can I compile my corona code?

Thank you,

Mars

I’m not sure I fully understand your question. The purpose of CoronaCards is to allow you to run a Corona applet inside an existing native app. It can be full screen or part of the screen (as long as it’s a rectangle).  Maybe you have a tabbed app and you want to add a game to the app, your tab button could show the Corona view and start the game. Maybe you want an animated banner that shows up from time to time and it’s easier to do the animation and graphics inside the Corona View.

The documentation should take you through the steps needed. You add the Corona Framework to your native project, you create a Corona folder and put your  main.lua and assets (and license file) in it.

Rob

Right.

That is assuming we have the WHOLE project, which we don’t.

In Android, for example, we created a library with an Activity that holds some Native code and Corona as a fragment. Then, we provided that project to our partners, who do posses the main project, to be integrated to the main app through Maven.

We are trying to do the same for iOS through Cocoa-Pods. But first, we trying to combine the native code with the Corona Card into a library, and that is what we are having difficulty doing.

It sounds like you want to embed the CoronaCards framework in your own (a concept called an “umbrella framework”).  This isn’t something we’ve done but it should be possible though note that Apple apparently discourages it.

For example, the process is outlined here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34681435/how-to-add-a-framework-inside-another-framework-umbrella-framework

I’m not sure I fully understand your question. The purpose of CoronaCards is to allow you to run a Corona applet inside an existing native app. It can be full screen or part of the screen (as long as it’s a rectangle).  Maybe you have a tabbed app and you want to add a game to the app, your tab button could show the Corona view and start the game. Maybe you want an animated banner that shows up from time to time and it’s easier to do the animation and graphics inside the Corona View.

The documentation should take you through the steps needed. You add the Corona Framework to your native project, you create a Corona folder and put your  main.lua and assets (and license file) in it.

Rob

Right.

That is assuming we have the WHOLE project, which we don’t.

In Android, for example, we created a library with an Activity that holds some Native code and Corona as a fragment. Then, we provided that project to our partners, who do posses the main project, to be integrated to the main app through Maven.

We are trying to do the same for iOS through Cocoa-Pods. But first, we trying to combine the native code with the Corona Card into a library, and that is what we are having difficulty doing.

It sounds like you want to embed the CoronaCards framework in your own (a concept called an “umbrella framework”).  This isn’t something we’ve done but it should be possible though note that Apple apparently discourages it.

For example, the process is outlined here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34681435/how-to-add-a-framework-inside-another-framework-umbrella-framework