Corona Cards overlay screen mode on Android

Hello

On Corona Cards website it says that it is possible to run a corona card in “overlay” mode. In the demo video

they show that Corona card runs on top of Android WebVIew, yet user can see the WebView content through the Corona Card… I could not find any documentation or tutorial on how to enable this “overlay” mode for CoronaView in Android… Does anyone know how to implement this “overlay” mode or could someone point me to API documentation/ tutorial on how to do it

Thanks

Yury

Hi Yury. I looked through the CoronaCards.com website and I don’t see any videos that show CoronaCards running on top of an Android WebView. The video shows it running on top of an iOS webView. Perhaps the marketing isn’t clear there. OpenGL on Android doesn’t permit transparent windows, so this feature is unavailable on Android.

Rob

Ok. I guess i got confused by the marketing language…  Yes,this video shows transparent Corona Card running on top of iOS webview…   But markerting language on webpage makes it sound like overlay is possible on Android also…  Maybe there should be some footnote on the marketing webpage so that it is clear Corona Cards overlay mode is not supported on Android. 

Thanks

Yury

Hi Yury. I looked through the CoronaCards.com website and I don’t see any videos that show CoronaCards running on top of an Android WebView. The video shows it running on top of an iOS webView. Perhaps the marketing isn’t clear there. OpenGL on Android doesn’t permit transparent windows, so this feature is unavailable on Android.

Rob

Ok. I guess i got confused by the marketing language…  Yes,this video shows transparent Corona Card running on top of iOS webview…   But markerting language on webpage makes it sound like overlay is possible on Android also…  Maybe there should be some footnote on the marketing webpage so that it is clear Corona Cards overlay mode is not supported on Android. 

Thanks

Yury