Corona Editor 1.5 Released

We’ve released Corona Editor 1.5 which should get automatically installed by Package Control when you restart Sublime Text (once the bits percolate their way through the system).  There are lots of bug fixes and improvements and, as ever, many thanks to the folks who reported issues and provided fixes.

You can view the README and Release Notes or browse the entire project.

Instructions for installing Corona Editor are in the README.

If you have problems getting the update, use Package Control to remove the Corona Editor plugin and then follow the directions to reinstall it.

Hi, after the update, I don’t see a corona editor menu at the top of the sublime text window. I am on Windows 7.

Thanks,

Perry

Sorry, I should also mention i am using Sublime Text 2.

As mentioned in the README we really recommend Sublime Text 3: it’s better in every way.

Having said that, if you must stick with ST2, restart ST and check the console by pressing Ctrl+` (control-backquote), copy all that you see there and PM it to me and I’ll take a look.  Having done that you might try uninstalling the Corona Editor package and reinstalling it though I don’t expect that to make much difference.

Hi, just tried Corona Editor 1.5 on Sublime3 on Yosemite.

Sublime Text becomes unresponsive after finishing a debug run (shift-f10), requires a force-quit of Sublime text.

I had the same problem with Corona Editor 1.0

I can send you the rest of the problem report if you want.

Date/Time:       2014-12-17 08:38:40 +1300OS Version:      10.10.1 (Build 14B25) Architecture:    x86\_64 Report Version:  21 Command:         Sublime Text Path:            /Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/Sublime Text Version:         Build 3065 (3065) Parent:          launchd [1] PID:             839 Event:           hang Duration:        2.20s (process was unresponsive for 200 seconds before sampling) Steps:           23 (100ms sampling interval) Hardware model:  MacBookPro9,1 Active cpus:     8

I have yet to try the corona editor but saw a screen image of it. Is it only light text on a dark background or can you change it to dark text on a light background? Obviously dark text on a light background is far more user friendly and readable, so if a user can change this setting I might give it a try instead of my current preference textwrangler.

@jacques1 Sublime Text lets you chose from a variety of colour settings or even create your own, so you can have Corona Editor looking however you like. Personally I much prefer dark backgrounds and light text!

@mike.jensen Do you have any other Sublime packages installed? It could be Corona Editor and one of them are interacting strangely

@tap32 No I have no other packages installed.  I purchased Sublime Text specifically to use with Corona Editor. (Ironic huh)

What version of CoronaSDK are you using? Does this happen debugging one of the samples included with Corona SDK?

Can you open the Sublime Text console (View > Show Console), get into the bad state and copy the contents and send PM it to me?  I wonder if it’ll let you copy text if it’s beachballed.  Try that and if it works, great.  If not, I’ll figure out a different approach.

@jacques1  Obviously to my mind a dark screen is far more user friendly and readable but, thankfully, Sublime Text is completely theme-able and comes with a wide variety of themes builtin and there are 100s more available on the intarwebs.  Just go to Preferences > Color Schemes

Sample dark text on light background screen:

Thanks for the update. 

When I type for example 

physics 

and see the autocomplete for physics and hit enter. Physics get autocompleted as expected. When I put a period afterwards and select the autocomplete for physics.stop() afterwards. physics gets deleted and only stop() remains.

Wasn’t that what you meant to fix by saying " handles periods in items much more smoothly" ?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Hi Perry,

I updated Corona SDK to the latest (non-daily-build) version. I had a slightly out-of-date version.

I removed, re-downloaded, and reinstalled Sublime Text (build 3065). I did that because I remembered I’d previously had a RubyMotion package installed and maybe it might interfere with the Corona one.

I reinstalled package manager and Corona Editor and am pleased to report all seems to be working now.

Thanks very much to you and tap32 for taking the time to help me out.

Same problem here. I’ve completely turned of auto completion coz of this :frowning:

That’s a bit puzzling.  I don’t see any autocomplete for just “physics” (unless I have that word somewhere else in my file) and (even if I do) doing as you say works fine for me.  Does the window say “Corona SDK Lua” in the bottom right corner?

What version of Sublime Text are you using? ( Sublime Text > About Sublime Text )

What version of Corona Editor are you using? ( Corona Editor > About Corona Editor )

@visualstation (and anyone else not getting a “Corona Editor” menu in Sublime Text) …

What do you see in your Sublime Text user preferences?  Go to Sublime Text > Preferences > Settings - User and look for “Corona Editor” in the “ignored_packages” section.  It seems that it sometimes gets put in there and that affects updates.

Perry,

The only package in the ignored packages section is something called “Vintage”. I had to google what that even was :slight_smile: I don’t remember even installing that. 

I can still run projects (I remembered the keyboard shortcut from when the menu was there before). The only thing I am really missing from the corona menu is the snippets. Is there another way to access the snippets?

Thanks!

Perry

and 1.5

When I create a new document it works as expected. Only on older files that I created prior to the update it has the buggy behaviour. Very weird. In fact when I copy the content of the old file into a new file it works just fine.

Great job Perry, thanks !!! :slight_smile:

Hi, after the update, I don’t see a corona editor menu at the top of the sublime text window. I am on Windows 7.

Thanks,

Perry

Sorry, I should also mention i am using Sublime Text 2.