Corona Live Build excludeFiles works on lua files?

Today I decided to try Live build feature and my game didn’t want to run (works well with normal build). So after hours of investigating and copy-pasting my project into new one I found the reason - for some matter I exclude one folder from my build  (“OneFolder/*”) but have lua file in it, which I use in game.

As I wrote normal build works ok - lua file don’t get excluded, while other files do

So just want to ask why this exclude feature works different for normal\live build?

Ah… It seems that Live Builds apply Excluded Files filter on Lua files, while regular builds do not apply them to scripts. This is because in regular builds code is compiled, and actual Lua scrips are never shipped to devices. And compilation happens before files are copied. Also, this may vary between Android and iOS.

I’m on android if it’s matter…

Currently I have some scripts that I want to exclude from apk file, so I use “.prebuild” folder for this and it got excluded because of dot character.

So with live build compilation occured on device?

Yes. Live Build compiles scripts on device as you write them, this is how it basically works. To have live builds working you just have to have Live Server running. No other pars of Corona necessary.

Ok, Thank you!

Ah… It seems that Live Builds apply Excluded Files filter on Lua files, while regular builds do not apply them to scripts. This is because in regular builds code is compiled, and actual Lua scrips are never shipped to devices. And compilation happens before files are copied. Also, this may vary between Android and iOS.

I’m on android if it’s matter…

Currently I have some scripts that I want to exclude from apk file, so I use “.prebuild” folder for this and it got excluded because of dot character.

So with live build compilation occured on device?

Yes. Live Build compiles scripts on device as you write them, this is how it basically works. To have live builds working you just have to have Live Server running. No other pars of Corona necessary.

Ok, Thank you!