Corona Live Builds only works with a certain phone

I am having a problem using my T-Mobile REVVL, when I plug it into my computer and click the Copy to Device and Launch Option, I get an error saying that no device is attached, however, my Samsung 5 works perfectly fine. I really don’t know what to do here.

Thank you. 

(If you need more information please ask)

Hm don’t know what’s causing your problem but as a workaround you could just put the apk into a dropbox (or whatever service you prefer) folder and then download/install it from there directly on your device. That’s the way I always do it, I actually let Corona create the builds into my dropbox.

Should I also place the .CoronaLiveBuilds file into Dropbox?

Have you done an “adb devices” to see if adb see’s your device?

Have you enabled developer mode? The ability to install apps from third-party stores?

Can you install a non-live build on the device?

Rob

1. What’s an adb devices? 

2. Yes, Developer Options are enabled, and so is USB Debugging.

3. I have not done that yet, but I will try.

Thanks Rob, I had forgotten to enable Developer Options and USB Debugging before.

“adb” is a command line tool called “Android Debug Bridge”. It does things like let you load .apk’s to the device, remove them, look at the console log of the device and more. “devices” isn one of it’s commands that will show you want Android devices are plugged into your USB port.

Android Studio also does much of what “adb” does as well. 

Rob

Hm don’t know what’s causing your problem but as a workaround you could just put the apk into a dropbox (or whatever service you prefer) folder and then download/install it from there directly on your device. That’s the way I always do it, I actually let Corona create the builds into my dropbox.

Should I also place the .CoronaLiveBuilds file into Dropbox?

Have you done an “adb devices” to see if adb see’s your device?

Have you enabled developer mode? The ability to install apps from third-party stores?

Can you install a non-live build on the device?

Rob

1. What’s an adb devices? 

2. Yes, Developer Options are enabled, and so is USB Debugging.

3. I have not done that yet, but I will try.

Thanks Rob, I had forgotten to enable Developer Options and USB Debugging before.

“adb” is a command line tool called “Android Debug Bridge”. It does things like let you load .apk’s to the device, remove them, look at the console log of the device and more. “devices” isn one of it’s commands that will show you want Android devices are plugged into your USB port.

Android Studio also does much of what “adb” does as well. 

Rob