Corona SDK (imagesheet) or Corona TM SDK

Hi all,

I’m far from a noob, but only just started using TexturePacker today. For the love of god, I can’t seem to find any info on why to use “Corona SDK (imagesheet)” or “Corona TM SDK”.

I tried both and delved into the code. I REALLY like the whole “SheetInfo:getFrameIndex(name)” in the “Corona SDK (imagesheet)” version, because it allows me to add sprite during the project, but I’m running into problems with the reference points of my sprite, and can’t seem to find a way to create animation sequences. Documentation is sparse, to say the least.

The “Corona TM SDK” format looks closest to what I did manually, but lacks the calling of sprites by name, and of course the whole order gets mixed up when I add, change or remove sprites with the MaxRects option. Too bad. It seems to me that MaxRects is imperative for optimizing, but on the other hand you need to be able to “call by name”, because all the numbers get shuffled when you change sprites…

What do you guys use/do for this issue?

Cheers,

Thomas

Use the imagesheet option if you’re using image sheets (the current sprite library ; sprite sheets is deprecated).

Use the imagesheet option if you’re using image sheets (the current sprite library ; sprite sheets is deprecated).