Corona Viewer and Audio

Possibly a dumb question since it is called “Corona Viewer”, but there appears to be no sound (via calls to audio.play() , etc) when using Corona Viewer?

Please confirm if this is case or I’m missing something entirely…

Thanks

Corona Viewer should be able to play sounds.

Hi Rob,

Yeah I didn’t think there would be any issue. I’m trying Corona Viewer on a couple Android devices (Moto G running 4.4.4, and Nexus 7 running 6.0.1). I deleted the Corona Viewer app from my Moto G, tried re-building the Corona Viewer app and loading back to the phone with a fresh download from https://github.com/coronalabs/CoronaViewer. 

Thought maybe I was missing something from “build.settings” (dump shown below). The images load fine, just no sounds. However, sound is fine when running from the Corona Simulator from my local computer within ${DROPBOX_FOLDER}/Apps/CoronaViewer/… and if I build for Android and side load over the APK to the Moto G all seems to work fine (assets and sounds as per the Corona Simulator).

I’m might give it a shot on an iPhone 4 and see what results I get. I’m a bit stumped why the sounds are not loading (or playing) on my Android devices. 

settings = { orientation = { default = "portrait", supported = { "portrait", "portraitUpsideDown"}, -- supported = { "landscapeLeft", "landscapeRight", "portrait", "portraitUpsideDown" }, }, plugins = { -- key is the name passed to Lua's 'require()' ["plugin.viewer"] = { -- required publisherId = "com.coronalabs", }, ["CoronaProvider.native.popup.social"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", }, }, android = { usePermissions = { "android.permission.INTERNET", }, }, iphone = { plist = { CFBundleURLTypes = { { CFBundleURLSchemes = { "db-l1q0pln8qsi8qyp", } } } }, } }

Hi Rob,

I tried the project on a couple of iOS devices running CoronaViewer (iPhone 4 and iPad). The audio loads fine on the iOS devices, just not on any of my Android devices for some reason. I tried a new simple project… and same results (audio for CoronaViewer with iOS fine… audio for CoronaViewer with Android not working). The simple project just has a red background and white dot that includes a touch event listener to turn on / off an audio track.

The graphics load fine with CoronaViewer on the Android devices, just no audio.

Any chance of having someone on the Corona side verify if the CoronaViewer plugin is working okay with audio loading on Android? (I can upload my CoronaViewer code and Sample project code if required… just let me know where to upload, I can package up two ZIP files).

Thanks again for your help!

I was able to verify this using the AudioPlayer sample app. Since I have a project that shows the problem, I’ve filed the bug report for you. Case ID 45383.

Rob

Thanks Rob, very much appreciated!

Any update on this? The problem seems to exist still.

Corona Viewer should be able to play sounds.

Hi Rob,

Yeah I didn’t think there would be any issue. I’m trying Corona Viewer on a couple Android devices (Moto G running 4.4.4, and Nexus 7 running 6.0.1). I deleted the Corona Viewer app from my Moto G, tried re-building the Corona Viewer app and loading back to the phone with a fresh download from https://github.com/coronalabs/CoronaViewer. 

Thought maybe I was missing something from “build.settings” (dump shown below). The images load fine, just no sounds. However, sound is fine when running from the Corona Simulator from my local computer within ${DROPBOX_FOLDER}/Apps/CoronaViewer/… and if I build for Android and side load over the APK to the Moto G all seems to work fine (assets and sounds as per the Corona Simulator).

I’m might give it a shot on an iPhone 4 and see what results I get. I’m a bit stumped why the sounds are not loading (or playing) on my Android devices. 

settings = { orientation = { default = "portrait", supported = { "portrait", "portraitUpsideDown"}, -- supported = { "landscapeLeft", "landscapeRight", "portrait", "portraitUpsideDown" }, }, plugins = { -- key is the name passed to Lua's 'require()' ["plugin.viewer"] = { -- required publisherId = "com.coronalabs", }, ["CoronaProvider.native.popup.social"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", }, }, android = { usePermissions = { "android.permission.INTERNET", }, }, iphone = { plist = { CFBundleURLTypes = { { CFBundleURLSchemes = { "db-l1q0pln8qsi8qyp", } } } }, } }

Hi Rob,

I tried the project on a couple of iOS devices running CoronaViewer (iPhone 4 and iPad). The audio loads fine on the iOS devices, just not on any of my Android devices for some reason. I tried a new simple project… and same results (audio for CoronaViewer with iOS fine… audio for CoronaViewer with Android not working). The simple project just has a red background and white dot that includes a touch event listener to turn on / off an audio track.

The graphics load fine with CoronaViewer on the Android devices, just no audio.

Any chance of having someone on the Corona side verify if the CoronaViewer plugin is working okay with audio loading on Android? (I can upload my CoronaViewer code and Sample project code if required… just let me know where to upload, I can package up two ZIP files).

Thanks again for your help!

I was able to verify this using the AudioPlayer sample app. Since I have a project that shows the problem, I’ve filed the bug report for you. Case ID 45383.

Rob

Thanks Rob, very much appreciated!

Hi Rob, I know there are probably bigger fish to fry at the moment, but would you know if Case ID 45383 was addressed in any of the daily build releases since March?

Thanks

I’ll see what I can find out.

EDIT: It’s assigned to an engineer, but he’s got a pretty deep queue at the moment.

Rob

No worries, thanks for the update Rob. Cheers

Any update on this? The problem seems to exist still.

Hi Rob, I know there are probably bigger fish to fry at the moment, but would you know if Case ID 45383 was addressed in any of the daily build releases since March?

Thanks

I’ll see what I can find out.

EDIT: It’s assigned to an engineer, but he’s got a pretty deep queue at the moment.

Rob

No worries, thanks for the update Rob. Cheers