(CoronaBiltz-Collection) GarbageCollection

https://github.com/tmorelli/stuff

Here is my attempt.  4 hours went by so fast.  Dont bother adjusting your volume there are no sounds.  And I made all the graphics myself in gimp during this 4 hours.

The Game is Garbage Collection - 

You are driving a garbage truck and need to pick up trash

Touching either side of the screen will move your truck

Each level is 30 seconds.

You can miss up to 5 pieces of trash in a level or your game is over

Successfully getting trash will give you points

Each level gets faster and faster

If you complete the level, all of the trash bags you collected are shown on the screen.

You get to choose 3 of them.  If they all turn to the same color you win lots more points.  Different colors pay more amounts.

I had lots more features planned… But no time!  This is it!

Very cool! How much time did you spend on the code? Still pretty awesome how much you can get done huh?

I probably spent 3 hours coding/playing and an hour in gimp… 

I am fairly new to corona and got stuck on the collision stuff for a while. I couldnt figure out how to get a collision event from 2 static sensors… After wasting too much time on that I gave up and did my own collision detection!

Looking forward to the next blitz and to see the other submissions

And… The 4 hours included game design.  The only thing I thought of before starting was the title “Garbage Collection”  so I set out to see what I could draw in gimp and that pretty much determined how the game played!

Awesome! I’ll probably spend all 4 hours coding when I try my entry. I’m going to see if I can get a cool swipe feature working, otherwise my entry will be unplayable.

As far as your collision issues, try to see if you can now get it working with box2d instead.

Very cool! How much time did you spend on the code? Still pretty awesome how much you can get done huh?

I probably spent 3 hours coding/playing and an hour in gimp… 

I am fairly new to corona and got stuck on the collision stuff for a while. I couldnt figure out how to get a collision event from 2 static sensors… After wasting too much time on that I gave up and did my own collision detection!

Looking forward to the next blitz and to see the other submissions

And… The 4 hours included game design.  The only thing I thought of before starting was the title “Garbage Collection”  so I set out to see what I could draw in gimp and that pretty much determined how the game played!

Awesome! I’ll probably spend all 4 hours coding when I try my entry. I’m going to see if I can get a cool swipe feature working, otherwise my entry will be unplayable.

As far as your collision issues, try to see if you can now get it working with box2d instead.