CoronaBlitz #1 - Re-cap

Fellow Coronaites,

Thank you all for participating in the first ever CoronaBlitz!  I was really impressed with everyone’s entries and the amount of participation we had!  I’m already planning the next one, but wanted to give everyone a bit of down time between CoronaBlitzes.  I’m also super excited to see some of these games become published games!

I’m sure at this point some of you have suggestions or comments about the CoronaBlitz.  One item that I received from a few people was concerns around the code sharing aspect.  For further CoronaBlitzes I’m going to lift the requirement that you have to put your code up on GIT Hub and share it, but it is recommended that you do so, so that others can learn from your entry.

Feel free to post below any other comments you may have, or possible changes you’d like to discuss.

Looking forward to the next CoronaBlitz!

Didn’t get to participate this time (only noticed it the morning of the expiry date, and had a full day that day), but I just wanted to say that it looked great and it was really cool to see what Corona developers could do in 4:00 :slight_smile:

• C

Thanks for hosting the event!  I had been out of the Corona scene for over a year and this inspired me to get back into it.  Looking forward to the next one.

It was fun - I wish I’d not done it at such a last minute but it did at least force me to respect the 4 hours.

I do think that the time limit was a bit short, and also that the theme should be something a bit less generic - creativity is often greater with more restrictions.

I think I’d be up for a full 24 hour one but that may well be too much for many people (and you might as well just do the game jam compos), but say, 8 hours (1 ‘work’ day!) maybe split over a couple of evenings would be doable I think.

What killed me, and it was no fault of the competition, was not planning beforehand and leaving just the programming for 4 hours.

In a way I’d almost welcome if we had to do it all at the same time, because I’d like the shared community spirit about it, but time-differences would cause issues, and plus the fact that the time scale is SO tight, you’d really not have time to chat while doing it.

Didn’t get to participate this time (only noticed it the morning of the expiry date, and had a full day that day), but I just wanted to say that it looked great and it was really cool to see what Corona developers could do in 4:00 :slight_smile:

• C

Thanks for hosting the event!  I had been out of the Corona scene for over a year and this inspired me to get back into it.  Looking forward to the next one.

It was fun - I wish I’d not done it at such a last minute but it did at least force me to respect the 4 hours.

I do think that the time limit was a bit short, and also that the theme should be something a bit less generic - creativity is often greater with more restrictions.

I think I’d be up for a full 24 hour one but that may well be too much for many people (and you might as well just do the game jam compos), but say, 8 hours (1 ‘work’ day!) maybe split over a couple of evenings would be doable I think.

What killed me, and it was no fault of the competition, was not planning beforehand and leaving just the programming for 4 hours.

In a way I’d almost welcome if we had to do it all at the same time, because I’d like the shared community spirit about it, but time-differences would cause issues, and plus the fact that the time scale is SO tight, you’d really not have time to chat while doing it.