CoronaBlitz #2 - Energy Balls!

Woohoo finally was able to participate in a Corona contest! 

Alright, I’ve been wanting to create ball lightning and chain lightning effects for some time now, but hadn’t got around to it.  The Corona contest gave me the final push.

I decided to start with the lightning effect that Particle Candy had.  I took some of the images and the particle code and then modified it to create the ball lightning effect.  I then added some timed touch listeners to make the effect that energy builds to create it.  Once the balls were created, I snagged the some code from the MultiPuck physics example (I haven’t done much physics work yet myself) in order to be able to throw the balls.  All that took me about 3 hrs to perfect.  The last hour I spent creating a gaming element and creating a chain lightning effect.  Time ran out (I did go back and add the text after the time so you would know what is going on) and this is what I got:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln5Z6FA0Fak&feature=youtu.be

It’s a lot of fun creating the energy balls and I plan to go back and make something out of this when I find the time.  I also want to generate a fireball, which wouldn’t be too difficult.

The lightning effects are awesome.

Nice work!

Great prototype. Reminds me of street fighter. Hadouken!

Super cool game Scott!  Nice effects too!

The lighting effect looks really nice. Good job!

The lightning effects are awesome.

Nice work!

Great prototype. Reminds me of street fighter. Hadouken!

Super cool game Scott!  Nice effects too!

The lighting effect looks really nice. Good job!