I’ve just download and install the daily build 2015.2710 and re-run my app but it crashes. The error message “CoronaProvider.ads.admob not found”. It works find before I install the new daily build. My build.settings:
When you say “crashes” can you describe exactly what you mean? If there are any messages in the console please include them. Are you running the Simulator on Windows or OS X?
I added your code above to a sample app and it worked fine (I had to substitute values for “admobAppId” and “adListener” obviously so it wasn’t a test of the exact same thing).
Hi Perry. Thanks for your answer. As I explain above, my app worked fine for the old build. It had a bug with the scrollView.getContentPosition() so I update the latest build and it fixed the bug but got that new problem. The console message when it happens is:
Runtime Error: Runtime error: ERROR: Could not load provider (admob) due to the following reason: module 'CoronaProvider.ads.admob' not found:resource (CoronaProvider.ads.admob.lu) does not exist in archive no field package.preload['CoronaProvider.ads.admob'] no file '/Users/me294/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/DEAD9AE9-8A8B-49A1-9A7B-4CD5B6822A09/data/Applications/BF5CB928-54E1-4E8D-9DC4-FA7943B0B2FD/The Leaves.app/CoronaProvider/ads/admob.lua' no file '/Users/me294/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/DEAD9AE9-8A8B-49A1-9A7B-4CD5B6822A09/data/Applications/BF5CB928-54E1-4E8D-9DC4-FA7943B0B2FD/The Leaves.app/CoronaProvider/ads/admob.lua' no file './CoronaProvider/ads/admob.so' no file '/Users/me294/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/DEAD9AE9-8A8B-49A1-9A7B-4CD5B6822A09/data/Applications/BF5CB928-54E1-4E8D-9DC4-FA7943B0B2FD/The Leaves.app/CoronaProvider/ads/admob.so' no file './CoronaProvider.so' no file '/Users/me294/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/DEAD9AE9-8A8B-49A1-9A7B-4CD5B6822A09/data/Applications/BF5CB928-54E1-4E8D-9DC4-FA7943B0B2FD/The Leaves.app/CoronaProvider.so'CoronaProvider.ads.admob. stack traceback: [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function 'requireProvider' ?: in function 'setCurrentProvider' ?: in function 'init' /Users/me294/Documents/Workspace/Repos/Saw/Saws/game/utils/AdManager.lua:156: in function 'init' /Users/me294/Documents/Workspace/Repos/Saw/Saws/game/scene/SplashScene.lua:26: in function \</Users/me294/Documents/Workspace/Repos/Saw/Saws/game/scene/SplashScene.lua:14\> ?: in function 'dispatchEvent' ?: in function \<?:865\> (tail call): ? ?: in function \<?:464\> ?: in function \<?:221\> Sep 12 00:43:23 me294 SpringBoard[31138] \<Notice\>: 2015-09-12 00:43:23.046|31138|0xe394d50: Region monitoring not available or enabled. Trigger ignored!
I use both Admob and Vungle ads and prefer Admob so I would set the first provider is Admob. This is re-used in my projects and it’s ok for the old build. I’m using iOS simulator and an Android device, both throw that crash.
I cannot figure out how to fix it for a day. Please help.
Tip: You didn’t show the whole plugins statement for build.settings, and I’m guessing that is where the problem is. i.e. IFwhat you show above is your entire build.settings file, it is wrong. See mine.
-Ed
PS - You can also put your admob ID in my sample and run it. That way you’ll know ads are working.
Hello Michael. Does the build 2716 fix the issue related to “CoronaProvider.ads.admob not found”? I installed that daily build and built for ios simulator and it still throws the crash with error I posted above. Do I need any changes in configuration or somethings?
I just had a similar problem. For me it was the build.settings file, I had the android permissions before the plugins. I wouldnt expect the order to matter but I noticed roaminggamer had plugins before permissions and when I swapped them round it fixed the problem. Looks like OP has his permissions before his plugins as well so maybe it does matter. Anyway, just thought I’d share in case it helps someone else.
When you say “crashes” can you describe exactly what you mean? If there are any messages in the console please include them. Are you running the Simulator on Windows or OS X?
I added your code above to a sample app and it worked fine (I had to substitute values for “admobAppId” and “adListener” obviously so it wasn’t a test of the exact same thing).
Hi Perry. Thanks for your answer. As I explain above, my app worked fine for the old build. It had a bug with the scrollView.getContentPosition() so I update the latest build and it fixed the bug but got that new problem. The console message when it happens is:
Runtime Error: Runtime error: ERROR: Could not load provider (admob) due to the following reason: module 'CoronaProvider.ads.admob' not found:resource (CoronaProvider.ads.admob.lu) does not exist in archive no field package.preload['CoronaProvider.ads.admob'] no file '/Users/me294/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/DEAD9AE9-8A8B-49A1-9A7B-4CD5B6822A09/data/Applications/BF5CB928-54E1-4E8D-9DC4-FA7943B0B2FD/The Leaves.app/CoronaProvider/ads/admob.lua' no file '/Users/me294/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/DEAD9AE9-8A8B-49A1-9A7B-4CD5B6822A09/data/Applications/BF5CB928-54E1-4E8D-9DC4-FA7943B0B2FD/The Leaves.app/CoronaProvider/ads/admob.lua' no file './CoronaProvider/ads/admob.so' no file '/Users/me294/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/DEAD9AE9-8A8B-49A1-9A7B-4CD5B6822A09/data/Applications/BF5CB928-54E1-4E8D-9DC4-FA7943B0B2FD/The Leaves.app/CoronaProvider/ads/admob.so' no file './CoronaProvider.so' no file '/Users/me294/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/DEAD9AE9-8A8B-49A1-9A7B-4CD5B6822A09/data/Applications/BF5CB928-54E1-4E8D-9DC4-FA7943B0B2FD/The Leaves.app/CoronaProvider.so'CoronaProvider.ads.admob. stack traceback: [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function 'requireProvider' ?: in function 'setCurrentProvider' ?: in function 'init' /Users/me294/Documents/Workspace/Repos/Saw/Saws/game/utils/AdManager.lua:156: in function 'init' /Users/me294/Documents/Workspace/Repos/Saw/Saws/game/scene/SplashScene.lua:26: in function \</Users/me294/Documents/Workspace/Repos/Saw/Saws/game/scene/SplashScene.lua:14\> ?: in function 'dispatchEvent' ?: in function \<?:865\> (tail call): ? ?: in function \<?:464\> ?: in function \<?:221\> Sep 12 00:43:23 me294 SpringBoard[31138] \<Notice\>: 2015-09-12 00:43:23.046|31138|0xe394d50: Region monitoring not available or enabled. Trigger ignored!
I use both Admob and Vungle ads and prefer Admob so I would set the first provider is Admob. This is re-used in my projects and it’s ok for the old build. I’m using iOS simulator and an Android device, both throw that crash.
I cannot figure out how to fix it for a day. Please help.
Tip: You didn’t show the whole plugins statement for build.settings, and I’m guessing that is where the problem is. i.e. IFwhat you show above is your entire build.settings file, it is wrong. See mine.
-Ed
PS - You can also put your admob ID in my sample and run it. That way you’ll know ads are working.