CoronaView.destroy() hangs randomly

I’m running into an issue where, randomly, perhaps 1/10 times or so, calling destroy() on my CoronaView causes my app to hang.  

I’m calling init() inside my activity’s onCreate(), resume() inside onResume(), pause() inside onPause(), and destroy() inside onDestroy().

The CoronaCards docs don’t say much about resume(), pause() and destroy().  Am I calling them at the right times, and how important is it to call destroy()?  For now, I’m avoiding destroy() because of the random hangs, and everything seems to work, but I wonder if I’m leaking lots of memory for not calling destroy().

What devices(s) and version(s) of Android are you running into?  Also can you list a few steps to reproduce this on your app?  Thanks.

We noticed it happening on Galaxy Note 3 and OnePlus One, both on Android 4.4.4.

It happens about 1/10 times when our main activity’s onDestroy() is called.  The simplest way for me to force that to happen is to keep changing the device’s language setting.  This seems to destroy my activity and restart it, and then 1/10 times, the screen will just go black while CoronaView.destroy() hangs. 

You can try it on version 2.13 of our app which has been on Google Play for the last few days.  Version 2.14 will be out any minute now, and in that version, we commented out CoronaView.destroy() for now until we figure out what’s going on.

Can you please upload the 2.13 apk somewhere so I can access it?  Ours was updated to 2.14 already.  Thanks.

Sure. Actually I made a v214 build and just put the call to CoronaView.destroy() back into onDestroy(). I’ll PM you the url.

What devices(s) and version(s) of Android are you running into?  Also can you list a few steps to reproduce this on your app?  Thanks.

We noticed it happening on Galaxy Note 3 and OnePlus One, both on Android 4.4.4.

It happens about 1/10 times when our main activity’s onDestroy() is called.  The simplest way for me to force that to happen is to keep changing the device’s language setting.  This seems to destroy my activity and restart it, and then 1/10 times, the screen will just go black while CoronaView.destroy() hangs. 

You can try it on version 2.13 of our app which has been on Google Play for the last few days.  Version 2.14 will be out any minute now, and in that version, we commented out CoronaView.destroy() for now until we figure out what’s going on.

Can you please upload the 2.13 apk somewhere so I can access it?  Ours was updated to 2.14 already.  Thanks.

Sure. Actually I made a v214 build and just put the call to CoronaView.destroy() back into onDestroy(). I’ll PM you the url.