CoronaViewer and system event on Android

Hi all,

I have a problem using CoronaViewer on Android. It works with a simple main.lua.

But in my project i have a  : Runtime:addEventListener( “system”, onSystemEvent )

And it doesnt catch onSystemEvent when i start CoronaViewer app. But when i reset CoronaViewer app it catchs the event. Do you know this issue ?

The app work great with Corona Simulator.

Also i have maybe a fix for my problem but i need to know if i’m on CoronaViewer environment in the code, is this possible, is there a function for it ?

Let me ask Engineering, but my instinct says this is a limitation of CoronaViewer. Things that effect the app like build.settings, config.lua and such have to be compiled into CoronaViewer. System events may be going to the CoronaViewer app and not your app running in CoronaViewer.

We think it should handle this properly. Can you test the “SystemEvents” sample project and see if that works? If it does not then can you create a simple project that you try and run in CoronaViewer that uses the “system” events and compress that up with your CoronaViewer project (we will need to see the config.lua’s, main.lua’s and build.settings of both. Each project should contain these three files and any other assets needed to make it run.

For simplicity, I would make a folder called CoronaViewerBug. Inside that, put a copy of your CoronaViewer project, and a copy of your simple demo app. Then compress up the CoronaViewerBug folder into a .zip file. Use the Report a bug link at the top of the page. When writing the description of the problem text, paste this link in as a reference along with the rest of your description. After you submit the bug and it was successful, you should get an email with a CaseID in the subject. Please post that back here.

Thanks

Rob

Let me ask Engineering, but my instinct says this is a limitation of CoronaViewer. Things that effect the app like build.settings, config.lua and such have to be compiled into CoronaViewer. System events may be going to the CoronaViewer app and not your app running in CoronaViewer.

We think it should handle this properly. Can you test the “SystemEvents” sample project and see if that works? If it does not then can you create a simple project that you try and run in CoronaViewer that uses the “system” events and compress that up with your CoronaViewer project (we will need to see the config.lua’s, main.lua’s and build.settings of both. Each project should contain these three files and any other assets needed to make it run.

For simplicity, I would make a folder called CoronaViewerBug. Inside that, put a copy of your CoronaViewer project, and a copy of your simple demo app. Then compress up the CoronaViewerBug folder into a .zip file. Use the Report a bug link at the top of the page. When writing the description of the problem text, paste this link in as a reference along with the rest of your description. After you submit the bug and it was successful, you should get an email with a CaseID in the subject. Please post that back here.

Thanks

Rob