CoronaViewer and Zip Plugin

I’m using CoronaViewer to run my app on my iPhone.  I have included the zip plugin in the build settings file.  This works fine in the simulator, however in CoronaViewer I continually get an error when I get to the part of the app that attempts to parse a zip file.  The error is a long one and seems to imply that the zip plugin can not be found.  Does CoronaViewer include the zip plugin if included via the build setting file?  If so why can the app not find it on the device, but can on the simulator?

The error message, which takes up most of the screen on the device starts as follows:

Runtime error

module ‘plugin.zip’ not found:resource (plugin.zip.lu) does not exist in archive

no field

package.preload[‘plugin.zip’] no file '/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/…

and much much more.

Help!  Thanks.

Here’s a screenshot of the error message:

There are 2 build.setiings files you have to update.

1. your app has a build.settings file

2. the CoronaViewer app has a build.settings file

You should update both of these files, then rebuild the CoronaViewer app and reinstall it on your device.

Thank you elbowroomapps,  I completely forgot about the fact that CoronaViewer has its own code source and is installed with a prov profile, etc. etc.!  Just concentrating on my app and forgetting about the app within an app thing that’s going on!  Cheers!  -Keith

Glad I could help. I did the same thing when I first started using CoronaViewer.

Now, when I add anything to the CoronaViewer build.settings, I never delete it. Even if the current app doesn’t need it. This makes it a little easier to switch projects and not have to rebuild CoronaViewer.

There are 2 build.setiings files you have to update.

1. your app has a build.settings file

2. the CoronaViewer app has a build.settings file

You should update both of these files, then rebuild the CoronaViewer app and reinstall it on your device.

Thank you elbowroomapps,  I completely forgot about the fact that CoronaViewer has its own code source and is installed with a prov profile, etc. etc.!  Just concentrating on my app and forgetting about the app within an app thing that’s going on!  Cheers!  -Keith

Glad I could help. I did the same thing when I first started using CoronaViewer.

Now, when I add anything to the CoronaViewer build.settings, I never delete it. Even if the current app doesn’t need it. This makes it a little easier to switch projects and not have to rebuild CoronaViewer.