CoronaViewer + Google Drive

All my Corona projects are already in a Google Drive synced folder.

This means that messing about with DropBox in the same folder would only lead to grief.

Is there a possibility to setup CoronaViewer to use Google Drive instead of DropBox as the synchronization mechanism?

It would be nice not having to manually copy all the project files to another location for each time I want to run the app…

I just use a really simple batch script to move files. Kind of caveman, but it works just fine for me. Here’s basically what I use. It moves all lua files with “modified” dates more recent than what is in the destination folder:

xcopy /-y /d "C:\Users\somefolder\*.lua" "C:\somefolder\Dropbox\Apps\CoronaViewer" pause

Hmm… I guess that could be a solution…

Is this script is called repeatedly with some kind of timer? Or do you start it manually each time you save a file in the project?

I have it set to run every day on a timer, but I end up running it several hundred times throughout my dev sessions manually, as I want to see updates to my CoronaViewer apps. It takes milliseconds, so it’s not that bad to kick off. I might turn it into a global hotkey at some point, but I haven’t fallen off that bridge yet.

BTW I updated my code, for you and anyone else looking at this. I had an extra quotation mark at the end of the xcopy line.

The CoronaViewer docs says:

“The CoronaViewer app will automatically update files based on modification date(iOS) or by revision number(Androi). When that happens, it will also relaunch your project.”

Does this mean that it’s not enough to copy new files over to the DropBox folder?

I can’t speak to the veracity of the docs, but I primarily use CV with Android and it syncs as soon as I drop in new files.

I just use a really simple batch script to move files. Kind of caveman, but it works just fine for me. Here’s basically what I use. It moves all lua files with “modified” dates more recent than what is in the destination folder:

xcopy /-y /d "C:\Users\somefolder\*.lua" "C:\somefolder\Dropbox\Apps\CoronaViewer" pause

Hmm… I guess that could be a solution…

Is this script is called repeatedly with some kind of timer? Or do you start it manually each time you save a file in the project?

I have it set to run every day on a timer, but I end up running it several hundred times throughout my dev sessions manually, as I want to see updates to my CoronaViewer apps. It takes milliseconds, so it’s not that bad to kick off. I might turn it into a global hotkey at some point, but I haven’t fallen off that bridge yet.

BTW I updated my code, for you and anyone else looking at this. I had an extra quotation mark at the end of the xcopy line.

The CoronaViewer docs says:

“The CoronaViewer app will automatically update files based on modification date(iOS) or by revision number(Androi). When that happens, it will also relaunch your project.”

Does this mean that it’s not enough to copy new files over to the DropBox folder?

I can’t speak to the veracity of the docs, but I primarily use CV with Android and it syncs as soon as I drop in new files.