CoronaViewer on iOS 6

I have CoronaViewer successfully running on all of my newer devices. I just installed CoronaViewer on an older iPhone running iOS 6.1.3. It installed okay, but it crashes on startup. Has anyone else recently been able to run the viewer on iOS 6?

What error messages are you getting?

Rob

This is all that I get in the XCode console:

Jun 14 10:12:58 My-iPhone kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[323] Builtin profile: container (sandbox)

Jun 14 10:12:58 My-iPhone kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[323] Container: /private/var/mobile/Applications/F48B0FE1-E181-4DCA-A145-E14FFB8D0D43 (sandbox)

Jun 14 10:12:58 My-iPhone CoronaViewer[323] <Warning>: CoronaSDK: Failed to initialize Corona runtime

Jun 14 10:12:58 My-iPhone backboardd[26] <Warning>: BKSendGSEvent ERROR sending event type 50: (ipc/send) invalid destination port (0x10000003)

Jun 14 10:12:59 My-iPhone com.apple.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:com.lobsterclawsoftware.coronaviewer[0x6d5c][323]) <Error>: (UIKitApplication:com.lobsterclawsoftware.coronaviewer[0x6d5c]) Exited with code: 1

Jun 14 10:12:59 My-iPhone com.apple.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:com.lobsterclawsoftware.coronaviewer[0x6d5c]) <Notice>: (UIKitApplication:com.lobsterclawsoftware.coronaviewer[0x6d5c]) Throttling respawn: Will start in 2147483647 seconds

Jun 14 10:12:59 My-iPhone backboardd[26] <Warning>: Application ‘UIKitApplication:com.lobsterclawsoftware.coronaviewer[0x6d5c]’ exited abnormally with exit status 1

I’ll need a bug report before I can get this looked at. If you can zip up your CoronaViewer project in one .zip file. Then make a simple demo app that will have this crash that CoronaViewer runs, zip that up and attach it as a 2nd file.

Both zip files will need their main.lua, config.lua and build.settings and any assets needed (i.e. fonts for CoronaViewer, art for the demo project) and use the Report a bug link at the top of the page.

We believe that it should run on iOS 6 so we need a test case.

Thanks

Rob

I just built CoronaViewer for iOS, ran it and it worked perfectly on my iPhone 3GS with latest iOS6 (6.1.6). Only things I can suggest to troubleshoot is to:

• Check contents of your ~/Dropbox/Apps/CoronaViewer/ ; try putting some simple project inside, like one of the animation demos. 

• if didn’t help, update your iOS6, 

Vlads and Rob, the CoronaViewer never gets to the point where it prompts me to login to Dropbox so it never even tries to load a sample project. I have created a bug report: (Case 46431) CoronaViewer on iOS 6 / iPhone 3GS. My CoronaViewer project (which is included in the bug report) is very minimal. While waiting for feedback on that, I will try upgrading my 3GS to the last available OS, 6.1.6.

I tried building your app, still works on my 3gs. Can you try building just plain CoronaViewer, without any additions as well?

Got it resolved! Updating iOS from 6.1.4 to 6.1.6 had no effect but upgrading to the latest Corona daily build (2016.2901), rebuilding, and reinstalling fixed it. On a side note, the game I am testing makes heavy use of Vlads recently implemented canvas texture functionality and it works flawlessly. Everything renders exactly as expected (for such a low screen resolution). Thanks Corona team for working so diligently on this!

What error messages are you getting?

Rob

This is all that I get in the XCode console:

Jun 14 10:12:58 My-iPhone kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[323] Builtin profile: container (sandbox)

Jun 14 10:12:58 My-iPhone kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[323] Container: /private/var/mobile/Applications/F48B0FE1-E181-4DCA-A145-E14FFB8D0D43 (sandbox)

Jun 14 10:12:58 My-iPhone CoronaViewer[323] <Warning>: CoronaSDK: Failed to initialize Corona runtime

Jun 14 10:12:58 My-iPhone backboardd[26] <Warning>: BKSendGSEvent ERROR sending event type 50: (ipc/send) invalid destination port (0x10000003)

Jun 14 10:12:59 My-iPhone com.apple.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:com.lobsterclawsoftware.coronaviewer[0x6d5c][323]) <Error>: (UIKitApplication:com.lobsterclawsoftware.coronaviewer[0x6d5c]) Exited with code: 1

Jun 14 10:12:59 My-iPhone com.apple.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:com.lobsterclawsoftware.coronaviewer[0x6d5c]) <Notice>: (UIKitApplication:com.lobsterclawsoftware.coronaviewer[0x6d5c]) Throttling respawn: Will start in 2147483647 seconds

Jun 14 10:12:59 My-iPhone backboardd[26] <Warning>: Application ‘UIKitApplication:com.lobsterclawsoftware.coronaviewer[0x6d5c]’ exited abnormally with exit status 1

I’ll need a bug report before I can get this looked at. If you can zip up your CoronaViewer project in one .zip file. Then make a simple demo app that will have this crash that CoronaViewer runs, zip that up and attach it as a 2nd file.

Both zip files will need their main.lua, config.lua and build.settings and any assets needed (i.e. fonts for CoronaViewer, art for the demo project) and use the Report a bug link at the top of the page.

We believe that it should run on iOS 6 so we need a test case.

Thanks

Rob

I just built CoronaViewer for iOS, ran it and it worked perfectly on my iPhone 3GS with latest iOS6 (6.1.6). Only things I can suggest to troubleshoot is to:

• Check contents of your ~/Dropbox/Apps/CoronaViewer/ ; try putting some simple project inside, like one of the animation demos. 

• if didn’t help, update your iOS6, 

Vlads and Rob, the CoronaViewer never gets to the point where it prompts me to login to Dropbox so it never even tries to load a sample project. I have created a bug report: (Case 46431) CoronaViewer on iOS 6 / iPhone 3GS. My CoronaViewer project (which is included in the bug report) is very minimal. While waiting for feedback on that, I will try upgrading my 3GS to the last available OS, 6.1.6.

I tried building your app, still works on my 3gs. Can you try building just plain CoronaViewer, without any additions as well?

Got it resolved! Updating iOS from 6.1.4 to 6.1.6 had no effect but upgrading to the latest Corona daily build (2016.2901), rebuilding, and reinstalling fixed it. On a side note, the game I am testing makes heavy use of Vlads recently implemented canvas texture functionality and it works flawlessly. Everything renders exactly as expected (for such a low screen resolution). Thanks Corona team for working so diligently on this!