CoronaViewer stopped working

Hello all,

CoronaViewer just stopped working for me, on iPad and Android, and in the device logs I can see the following:

<Warning>: [WARNING] DropboxSDK: error making request to /1/delta - (401) Access token not valid.

<Warning>: Error loadDeltaFailed: Error Domain=dropbox.com Code=401 “The operation couldn’t be completed. (dropbox.com error 401.)” UserInfo=0x156d4cd0 {error=Access token not valid.}

Can you confirm that you uninstalled/reinstalled the CoronaViewer-built app? My installation works as normal (just tested five seconds ago).

I can confirm, also i just tried to uninstall->rebuild (v2015.2657)->install, still get the same error.

Hmm… very strange. My Dropbox is up to date as well. 

I believe I built using 2564, and didn’t build a new APK since.

What exactly is the behavior you’re seeing? Does the app start and begin a sync, and then crash out to the desktop? Does it never get to the Dropbox authorization prompt? Does it just start and then immediately crash back to the desktop?

On iOS I just get a black screen with the trace output as I mention on the first post, on Android I get the Dropbox authorization screen but after clicking on allow, it’s return to the same screen.

Open a bug report on this (Case 41329), i will write here any updates on this issue.

Have you tried resetting your project? Killing DropBox and seeing if you can re-authorize it?

Rob

Hi Rob,

I’m not sure what do you mean by “resetting your project” and “Killing DropBox”, i tried (a number of times) to re-run CoronaViewer and to uninstall-build-install, but nothing works.

You can do a 4 finger tap on Corona Viewer and it should popup a window with an option to reset the project.  This should cause it to go back to Dropbox and load it for fresh.

By killiing Dropbox, I mean make sure it’s not running in the background.  On iOS  this is tapping the home button twice and finding dropbox and flicking it away.  On Android, hit the button that brings up all the running apps and flick it away.

Rob

I Just tried this with lastest daily build and stable build and i cannot get it to work on my iphone. It was working on my iphone but when i restored my phone it was not working. Maybe i will try an old build.

Edit: I have not got it to work 2014.2473

Edit2 : got this error

Jul  5 19:46:11 Scotts-wifi Corona viewer[20678] <Warning>: Platform: iPhone / iPhone7,1 / 8.4 / Apple A8 GPU / OpenGL ES 2.0 Apple A8 GPU - 53.13 / 2015.2669

Jul  5 19:46:11 Scotts-wifi Corona viewer[20678] <Warning>: [ERROR] DropboxSDK: unable to link; app isn’t registered for correct URL scheme (db-l1q0pln8qsi8qyp)

Hi Rob,

1. I can’t reset the project, using 4 finger tap is not woking, i report it a few months ago.

2. I can’t kill Dropbox, because it’s not running, nothing in the background.

What else should i do ?, not being able to use CoronaViewer is really slowing down our development process. 

I reported this problem well, still no response. I am just curious, what device are you use?

I had this problem with I pad mini
https://youtu.be/Pds25sdpIJA

Hey guys,

We seem to have an issue with the 4-finger gesture on iOS 8.4, and will need to come up with some other method of choosing projects. It’s an active bug case and is in the (very full) pipeline.

Until it is fixed, you can try putting the files in the main apps directory, instead of in a subfolder. This should make it the default project, but you’ll only be able to work on one project at a time.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

I can mange without the 4-finger gesture, but not with my current problem (CoronaViewer not working at all), as listed on the first post of this thread.

Can you please advise me on that.

@scottrules44 iPad-3

Just so you guy know I think it is just with iPads and minis, on my iPhone 6 plus it works fine.

Hey everyone,

The issue with the 4-finger touch not popping up the menu on iOS 8+ devices has been fixed.

A word of caution; since Apple introduced a 4-finger swipe gesture for switching between apps in iOS 8 for iPads, be sure to give a firm tap when using CoronaViewer.

4-finger touch now works for me on my ipad 3, but i’m still having the same problem with dropbox.

Clicking on ‘reset’ did not had an effect.

Can you confirm that you uninstalled/reinstalled the CoronaViewer-built app? My installation works as normal (just tested five seconds ago).

I can confirm, also i just tried to uninstall->rebuild (v2015.2657)->install, still get the same error.

Hmm… very strange. My Dropbox is up to date as well. 

I believe I built using 2564, and didn’t build a new APK since.

What exactly is the behavior you’re seeing? Does the app start and begin a sync, and then crash out to the desktop? Does it never get to the Dropbox authorization prompt? Does it just start and then immediately crash back to the desktop?