coronium core install error

Hi mate,

Have been reading your core documentation and decided to give it a try.

I created the droplet, added the SSH keys, configured putty etc but when running the installation script, i choose yes for the mongoDB option, and the installation runs for a while until i get the error message

“an installation error occured, please contact support”

It doesnt say where I should get support or what the error is, so while i tried to send you this message directly, I get an error, perhaps your mailbox is full, so it lands on the forum.

I did the process 2 times with two different droplets, with same result.

The only thing I did that was not in your manual is adding the monitoring option when creating the droplet, the rest was pretty straight forward.

Any ideas?

anaqim

EDIT, scrolled up and found an error message that may be helpful

“up.sh: line 79: /usr/local/bin/coronium-dbsetup: No such file or directory”

Looks like there might be a timing issue in the install script versus the availablitiy of the install file.

When i ran the entire install batch command a second time on the same droplet, it worked, most likely since by then, the install file was available.

Moving on

That didnt take long,

When entering the mySQL password I am got a strange error.

Created a new droplet and tried again, this time the entire install procedure went well.

I can only assume dev is working on the issue at the same time as me trying to install.

moving on

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I should have noted this in the installation video, but sometimes after provisioning a droplet whatever underlying syncing that DigitalOcean is doing may not be finalized by the time you run the script. It’s an edge case, and not really a Coronium Core install issue. Generally I wait a minute or so to let the the server “settle” on a fresh droplet creation. I am looking into putting some type of check to alert the user of this.

As far as the MySQL, I assume you mean the warning, which is not necessarily an error. It’s just letting you know that generally you should be careful when entering a password on the command line. I have the input hidden, and as a practical matter, you should make sure no one is looking over your shoulder. 

Hope that helps clear up some of the issues. I’ll add a better support message, but the forums is where you should post issues. I’ve also cleared out my forum mailbox.  :wink:

Thanks for using Coronium!

-dev

Hi,

No worries, det mySQL error was of technical nature but the second run fixed it so by now, i’m through and looking into using mySQL.

Looks good so far :slight_smile:

Looks like there might be a timing issue in the install script versus the availablitiy of the install file.

When i ran the entire install batch command a second time on the same droplet, it worked, most likely since by then, the install file was available.

Moving on

That didnt take long,

When entering the mySQL password I am got a strange error.

Created a new droplet and tried again, this time the entire install procedure went well.

I can only assume dev is working on the issue at the same time as me trying to install.

moving on

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I should have noted this in the installation video, but sometimes after provisioning a droplet whatever underlying syncing that DigitalOcean is doing may not be finalized by the time you run the script. It’s an edge case, and not really a Coronium Core install issue. Generally I wait a minute or so to let the the server “settle” on a fresh droplet creation. I am looking into putting some type of check to alert the user of this.

As far as the MySQL, I assume you mean the warning, which is not necessarily an error. It’s just letting you know that generally you should be careful when entering a password on the command line. I have the input hidden, and as a practical matter, you should make sure no one is looking over your shoulder. 

Hope that helps clear up some of the issues. I’ll add a better support message, but the forums is where you should post issues. I’ve also cleared out my forum mailbox.  :wink:

Thanks for using Coronium!

-dev

Hi,

No worries, det mySQL error was of technical nature but the second run fixed it so by now, i’m through and looking into using mySQL.

Looks good so far :slight_smile:

Hi Delephant. I’m hoping this is still monitored by you. I’ve been using Coronium Core for many years. I’m trying to create a new instance using Digital Ocean. I’ve created the droplet, run the script: wget https://s3.amazonaws.com/coronium-core/do.sh && sudo bash do.sh and it seems to run properly, but, it never reaches the point that your documentation says, to add a password to the database. Doesn’t look like an mySQL database is getting created. Also noticing that I am not able to access the webmin for Cornium Core, so assuming that the script is not running correctly. Do you have any advice?