Coronium Core - obtain list of files uploaded to server by clients

I’m looking for an elegant solution to my particular situation.

I will have users uploading files to the server. These will be short video clips, short audio clips, images and text. I will be having them upload the files to unique discrete locations. I will know the users identifying information (userID, name, etc).

Since I have access to a list of users and identifying metadata, I can create a separate “pseudo-server” app that downloads the assets and arranges them as I see fit. However, I would like to explore a solution to obtain these assets directly from the Coronium Core server. I have yet to encounter a listing or compendium of commands that can be run against the Coronium Core server, to obtain a listing of the assets that have been uploaded. 

I assume I could go through the process of interacting with the MongoDB, but that road (at least so far) has been obtuse and cumbersome. I’m not a dba so I’m unsure of my path there; ideally, I can find a way to engage the solution through SSHing to the server.

Let me know if any of that is unclear and I can provide additional information. Thanks for reading!

there is always the possiblity to store base64 encoded files in mysql as blobs.

never stored video files this way so no idea what kind of conversion time you are looking at but space wise it should work as blobs can be up to about 4 GB in size.

that being said, nosql (mongdb) is likely the better approach and not that different in syntax and logic compared to regular sql, than it may seem at first.

The files are being stored with no issue. Uploading the assets themselves is operating as expected. My particular situation is that I want to be able to access the assets through the Coronium Core SSH interface, rather than having to write a separate “server app” to systematically download the files.

Yeah I dont know then.

Lets hope develephant will be available to answer this question.

I think he has moved on… not seen him around for a while.

Maybe time for plan B?

Plan B?

Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know I’ve been recovering from a major health issue and am just starting to get back on my computer again.

I am still dedicated to Coronium Core but as far as Coronium Ace is concerned, I am not sure if I will have the energy to handle both projects.

There is a backlog of posts I am looking through. Some are older so I don’t know who needs help still, so please let me know. My response time may be a little longer than usual as well.

Apologies for the absence and thanks for using Coronium.

dev

Says right there he is still dedicated to Coronium Core, and that was the end of November. I’m obviously moving forward with my “workaround” but I’m sure he’ll chime in eventually.

Yeah i saw that too so I’m sticking with coronium core for now. It works great for my needs and I don’t wanna change for something else unless I have to.

Oh bad news… hope he is OK!

Figured out how to get this info.

nFRGdsP.png

the command is simply:

coronium files

Technically I was hoping for a GUI through the browser frontend, but this is good for now. I’ll mark as solved and get with Chris directly.

Hi,

Not sure if this is even pressing anymore, but I can talk to you more about some options. I assume you’ve looked through the Files API, see: https://develephant.github.io/coronium-core-docs-archive/server/modules/files/

One thing to note is that if you want to access the files outside of the server, perhaps via http, they must reside in the public files directory, see: https://develephant.github.io/coronium-core-docs-archive/server/guide/usage/#public-directory

Let me know more details if you need more assistance.

-dev

Chris, thanks for checking in. The above helped me develop my current workflow and all is operating as normal. I haven’t found a method to allows me to delete directories, though. Does that exist? I’ve attempted using the remove method but had no joy. Let me know.

Glad to hear you’re on the mend!

Hi,

So files are not being removed you say? With what method if I may ask?

-dev

the files are being removed just fine. However, the directories that are created, are proving to be a bit more persistent. For example, in the pic I uploaded above, I can delete all of the files, but the directories are not able to be deleted. 

there is always the possiblity to store base64 encoded files in mysql as blobs.

never stored video files this way so no idea what kind of conversion time you are looking at but space wise it should work as blobs can be up to about 4 GB in size.

that being said, nosql (mongdb) is likely the better approach and not that different in syntax and logic compared to regular sql, than it may seem at first.

The files are being stored with no issue. Uploading the assets themselves is operating as expected. My particular situation is that I want to be able to access the assets through the Coronium Core SSH interface, rather than having to write a separate “server app” to systematically download the files.

Yeah I dont know then.

Lets hope develephant will be available to answer this question.

I think he has moved on… not seen him around for a while.

Maybe time for plan B?

Plan B?

Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know I’ve been recovering from a major health issue and am just starting to get back on my computer again.

I am still dedicated to Coronium Core but as far as Coronium Ace is concerned, I am not sure if I will have the energy to handle both projects.

There is a backlog of posts I am looking through. Some are older so I don’t know who needs help still, so please let me know. My response time may be a little longer than usual as well.

Apologies for the absence and thanks for using Coronium.

dev

Says right there he is still dedicated to Coronium Core, and that was the end of November. I’m obviously moving forward with my “workaround” but I’m sure he’ll chime in eventually.