Coronium Core - Version 2.6.0

Coronium Core 2.6.0 in now available for installation.

This version introduces some major internal changes to support future enhancements, a large Webmin update, scope permissions, email logins, and password resets, among other things. This update requires a server reboot.

Be sure to read the critical update notes carefully in the next post (or on the updates page) before updating.

Added

• Password reset link that can be sent to a user with an email address using the server-side users.sendPasswordResetLink method, allowing a user to reset their password via online form. Supports custom email template messaging. See also the Password Reset guide.
  • Scope Permissions for additional security, allowing a developer to control what client-side actions are allowed.
  • Server-side users.sendConfirmationLink to send a confirmation email for server-side created users. See also the Confirmations guide.
  • Server-side utility method core.md5 which creates an MD5 digest of the given string.
  • Server-side command line tool to disable/enable MongoDB to gain some additional system resources in the event a developer is not using any MongoDB related functionality.
  • A bunch of new and updated documentation.

Updated

• Client-side users.login method to support login by email or username.
  • Server-side users.getWithQuery to query against a hashed password.
  • Coronium Core Corona Plugin to support version 2.6.0 or better servers.

Fixed

• Archive projects action in the System Info section not downloading.
  • Server-side users.getWithQuery only working with the active key set.
  • User confirmation email send incorrectly reporting “failed” status.
  • Various minor issues.

API Changes

Webmin 2.0.0

• New Scopes section for viewing, and managing Scope Permissions.
  • Auto Scroll Log option added to the Configuration section.
  • Code completions updated for new methods.
  • Tons of tweaks, fixes, reorganization, and visual updates

Installhttps://develephant.github.io/coronium-core-docs/server/installation/digitalocean/
Updatehttps://develephant.github.io/coronium-core-docs/server/updates/#250-to-260
Documentationhttps://develephant.github.io/coronium-core-docs/

Pluginhttps://marketplace.coronalabs.com/plugin/coronium-core

Free Trialhttps://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/71279-coronium-core-new-friction-less-install-and-free-trial

_ Before upgrading be sure to create a snapshot or backup of your current system. _

Please post any issues or questions in this forum. Enjoy!

-dev

2.6.0 Critical Update Notes

Coronium Core version 2.6.0 introduces some major architectural changes to the underlying system to lay the groundwork for some current and future enhancements.

If at all possible it is reccomended to run a fresh install and import your data and projects. If this is not an option, be sure to carefully read the notes that follow so your update will go smoothly.

Live Apps

If you currently have live apps running on v2.5.0 you can still update your server, but you will be unable to use any of the new features until you redeploy your application with the new Coronium Core Plugin set to version 2 (see core.init). All of the following information needs to be understood as well before updating.

Users Data

Version 2.6.0 now supports logins by email addressThis means that no two users in the same scope can have the same email address in the Users system.

If you currently have users in the same scope with the same email address, certain functionality like users.sendPasswordReset, as well as, logging in by email address, will not work properly. Other validation issues will also arise.

You will need to clean up users that have this issue before updating. If you have questions on how to do this, visit the support forum.

Scopes

With the addition of Scope Permissions, scopes are being more fully intergrated into the Webmin system.

When you first update, you will need to visit the  Scopes  section in the Webmin and click the  Update Cache  button to import your current scopes. You will then be able to edit permissions on them, if needed.

More enhancements to scopes management are coming in future updates.

Plugin Version

Because the Corona plugin system does not support multiple plugin versions internally, you must now supply a version parameter to the client-side core.init method.

For server features included in v2.6.0 or better, you must set the plugin version number to  2.

core.init({ version = 2, server = "https://\<coronium-host-address\>", key = "\<coronium-server-key\>", scope = "\<your-app-scope\>" })

Do you ever sleep?  :wink:

Another great update and seeing that you’ve added disable/enable MongoDB I take it the SQL standalone build you mentioned earlier is a dead project. And just as well now that mongodb can be disabled.

Nice work!

I just upgraded to 2.6.0 and opened the new demo-project app, filled in my server and key info, and ran it. I get authentication failed in the console. I am getting same error when trying to connect to mongo via Robomongo. Any idea what happened? Or how I can fix it?

Hi,

Are you able to log into your Webmin?

-dev

Yes, and it said mongo was installed and working. I just started over created a new droplet.

Hi,

Are you able to log in with the new droplet?

-dev

Hi,

Just for my own records, are you hosting on AWS or DigitalOcean?

-dev

Yes, everything works fine on the new droplet. I’m on digital ocean.

2.6.0 Critical Update Notes

Coronium Core version 2.6.0 introduces some major architectural changes to the underlying system to lay the groundwork for some current and future enhancements.

If at all possible it is reccomended to run a fresh install and import your data and projects. If this is not an option, be sure to carefully read the notes that follow so your update will go smoothly.

Live Apps

If you currently have live apps running on v2.5.0 you can still update your server, but you will be unable to use any of the new features until you redeploy your application with the new Coronium Core Plugin set to version 2 (see core.init). All of the following information needs to be understood as well before updating.

Users Data

Version 2.6.0 now supports logins by email addressThis means that no two users in the same scope can have the same email address in the Users system.

If you currently have users in the same scope with the same email address, certain functionality like users.sendPasswordReset, as well as, logging in by email address, will not work properly. Other validation issues will also arise.

You will need to clean up users that have this issue before updating. If you have questions on how to do this, visit the support forum.

Scopes

With the addition of Scope Permissions, scopes are being more fully intergrated into the Webmin system.

When you first update, you will need to visit the  Scopes  section in the Webmin and click the  Update Cache  button to import your current scopes. You will then be able to edit permissions on them, if needed.

More enhancements to scopes management are coming in future updates.

Plugin Version

Because the Corona plugin system does not support multiple plugin versions internally, you must now supply a version parameter to the client-side core.init method.

For server features included in v2.6.0 or better, you must set the plugin version number to  2.

core.init({ version = 2, server = "https://\<coronium-host-address\>", key = "\<coronium-server-key\>", scope = "\<your-app-scope\>" })

Do you ever sleep?  :wink:

Another great update and seeing that you’ve added disable/enable MongoDB I take it the SQL standalone build you mentioned earlier is a dead project. And just as well now that mongodb can be disabled.

Nice work!

I just upgraded to 2.6.0 and opened the new demo-project app, filled in my server and key info, and ran it. I get authentication failed in the console. I am getting same error when trying to connect to mongo via Robomongo. Any idea what happened? Or how I can fix it?

Hi,

Are you able to log into your Webmin?

-dev

Yes, and it said mongo was installed and working. I just started over created a new droplet.

Hi,

Are you able to log in with the new droplet?

-dev

Hi,

Just for my own records, are you hosting on AWS or DigitalOcean?

-dev

Yes, everything works fine on the new droplet. I’m on digital ocean.