Coronium Core with HTML5 - runtime error

Hi,

I am running a simple app utilising Coronium Core. I would like to view my app on a website, so luckily I realised there was an HTML5 build option. However, when I try and view the site (from a web server) it gives me a runtime error:

Module ‘socket.url’ not found:resource(socket.url.lu) does not exist in archive, no field package.preload["socket.url’], no file ‘//socket/url.lua’ etc…

I am not using any websockets, just coronium core.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

David

I realise sockets are not yet ported for HTML5 builds, however I am not using sockets, only Coronium Core. Is Coronium not yet supported for HTML5 builds?

Please just ask your question once.

Coronium Core is a third-party plugin/service. You might want to email the developer directly. His contact information should be on the marketplace page for the plugin.

Rob

not sure if this is applicable or not, but just in case: https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/72287-coronium-core-html5-builds-coroniumjs/#entry

Thanks for the response, I did go through the docs and it didn’t help. I think it’s a bug with Coronium 

If you can get any feedback from the Coronium Dev, please let us know - I tried to get in contact a few weeks ago but without success. Also looking at his Twitter/Github/CoronaForum Profile I noticed he wasn’t active on any of those since months.

I hope he’s well but it’s very unusual (as far as I can tell) he use to reply really fast and be very helpful all the time - so I fear something unexpected did happen :frowning:

Ah thats no good! I have contacted Chris directly, will let you know if he responds. If he is out of action for whatever reason (hopefully nothing sinister), who will be maintaining Coronium? 

Okay so this socket error ONLY appears when I leave:

local core = require(“plugin.coronium-core”) in my app. 

Which means it is more likely a Coronium issue. I find this bizarre because there is a whole section in the Coronium docs that explain how to access custom server side APIs using CoroniumJS plugin, suggesting that at the very least Coronium should be compatible with HTML5 builds in Corona. 

I understand this is a Coronium issue, but I purchased this plugin on the Corona marketplace, and for paid plugins you do expect some degree of support. If something has indeed happened with Chris@develephant (whether medical, vacation or otherwise), then the Coronium plugin should be free as it is unsupported. 

Not sure what you want anyone to do.  Coronium is designed for Mobile and Desktop, not HTML5.  The addition of HTML5 support came later as a free feature.

1. The Corona staff doesn’t have any way to support you on this.

2. To use Coronium with HTML5, I’m pretty sure you do not use the coronium plugin, but you use CoroniumJS (as is outlined in the video at the link I shared above.)

You can download it from the link here: https://develephant.github.io/coronium-core-docs/server/modules/pages/html5/#download

Did you watch the video? And are you sure you went through the Coronium JS docs?

Maybe I have this wrong, but I thought it walked you through how to get Coronium servers communicating with  your HTML5 app via Coronium JS.

PS - You can’t really expect much support for  $20 a year.  That is hardly worth reading an email, must less trying to help someone via multiple email exchanges.   

Also, you have to realize.  Corona can’t willy-nilly make plugins free because someone is hard to reach or inaccessible. 

Coronium is a super-steal @ $20 an I honestly think you can get this to work with Coronium JS.

PPS - At the end of the day, my number one takeaway is that “I hope Chris is well.”

Our marketplace is a gateway between you and the developer. We can’t make business decisions for our Marketplace Providers like making the plugin free.

I think the more important issue here is that the developer does not claim to support HTML5. I took this screenshot from the documentation page.

https://develephant.github.io/coronium-core-docs/

If you feel that this is a deal breaker for you, we do have a process listed on our FAQ and EULA to request a refund:

How do I request a refund on a product?

As outlined in our Corona Marketplace EULA Sections 4.5 and 4.6, our refund policy is no refunds after 30 days from purchase date. You may request a refund within 30 days of purchase if the product hasn’t been downloaded or used yet. You may also request for a refund within the 30 days of purchase if there is an issue with the product that the Vendor fails to respond to your request to resolve the issue within 2 weeks. Once these conditions are met, you can contact support@coronalabs.com and we will help process your refund.

There’s a problem with the product I bought.

First try contacting the Vendor for any support related to the product you purchased. Different ways to reach the Vendor should be listed in the Vendor’s Profile page or the product’s page itself. If the Vendor fails to respond to your request to resolve the issue after 2 weeks and if the issue appears valid, please contact support@coronalabs.com to petition for a refund.

Reading those FAQ questions, if you’re past 30 days, there isn’t much we can do, but given you’re trying to use it on a platform that the vendor doesn’t claim to support, I’m not sure what recourse we have.

Rob

Okay let’s all take a deep breath. I am not demanding a refund. Firstly, I value Corona and Coronium very highly. Very sad if something medically has happened to Chris. He truely has done some amazing work.

Let me rephrase what I was meant to say:

I am beginning a new web project. I love Coronium, and when I found out HTML5 was supported, I thought it would be great to attempt to build a web platform from Corona and Coronium. After all, it is quicker and easier to put together than any other language (it is a very simple web platform - nothing fancy, but I do need a backend for data/users etc). By the way, if this did happen to work, you guys are on the very of something amazing. Imagine building an HTML website using Corona, and having Coronium as a BAAS? Game changer in my opinion. 

Having said that, if I (or anyone else) had to invest time in putting together a project using Coronium (native app or web), it’s best that Corona notifies them on the marketplace that the Coronium app will be unsupported. Technology changes all the time, new Corona builds, AWS upgrades, etc, and if Coronium is unsupported, there will be a time where it will stop functioning correctly (or all together). 

I realise sockets are not yet ported for HTML5 builds, however I am not using sockets, only Coronium Core. Is Coronium not yet supported for HTML5 builds?

Please just ask your question once.

Coronium Core is a third-party plugin/service. You might want to email the developer directly. His contact information should be on the marketplace page for the plugin.

Rob

not sure if this is applicable or not, but just in case: https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/72287-coronium-core-html5-builds-coroniumjs/#entry

Thanks for the response, I did go through the docs and it didn’t help. I think it’s a bug with Coronium 

If you can get any feedback from the Coronium Dev, please let us know - I tried to get in contact a few weeks ago but without success. Also looking at his Twitter/Github/CoronaForum Profile I noticed he wasn’t active on any of those since months.

I hope he’s well but it’s very unusual (as far as I can tell) he use to reply really fast and be very helpful all the time - so I fear something unexpected did happen :frowning:

Ah thats no good! I have contacted Chris directly, will let you know if he responds. If he is out of action for whatever reason (hopefully nothing sinister), who will be maintaining Coronium? 

Okay so this socket error ONLY appears when I leave:

local core = require(“plugin.coronium-core”) in my app. 

Which means it is more likely a Coronium issue. I find this bizarre because there is a whole section in the Coronium docs that explain how to access custom server side APIs using CoroniumJS plugin, suggesting that at the very least Coronium should be compatible with HTML5 builds in Corona. 

I understand this is a Coronium issue, but I purchased this plugin on the Corona marketplace, and for paid plugins you do expect some degree of support. If something has indeed happened with Chris@develephant (whether medical, vacation or otherwise), then the Coronium plugin should be free as it is unsupported. 

Not sure what you want anyone to do.  Coronium is designed for Mobile and Desktop, not HTML5.  The addition of HTML5 support came later as a free feature.

1. The Corona staff doesn’t have any way to support you on this.

2. To use Coronium with HTML5, I’m pretty sure you do not use the coronium plugin, but you use CoroniumJS (as is outlined in the video at the link I shared above.)

You can download it from the link here: https://develephant.github.io/coronium-core-docs/server/modules/pages/html5/#download

Did you watch the video? And are you sure you went through the Coronium JS docs?

Maybe I have this wrong, but I thought it walked you through how to get Coronium servers communicating with  your HTML5 app via Coronium JS.

PS - You can’t really expect much support for  $20 a year.  That is hardly worth reading an email, must less trying to help someone via multiple email exchanges.   

Also, you have to realize.  Corona can’t willy-nilly make plugins free because someone is hard to reach or inaccessible. 

Coronium is a super-steal @ $20 an I honestly think you can get this to work with Coronium JS.

PPS - At the end of the day, my number one takeaway is that “I hope Chris is well.”

Our marketplace is a gateway between you and the developer. We can’t make business decisions for our Marketplace Providers like making the plugin free.

I think the more important issue here is that the developer does not claim to support HTML5. I took this screenshot from the documentation page.

https://develephant.github.io/coronium-core-docs/

If you feel that this is a deal breaker for you, we do have a process listed on our FAQ and EULA to request a refund:

How do I request a refund on a product?

As outlined in our Corona Marketplace EULA Sections 4.5 and 4.6, our refund policy is no refunds after 30 days from purchase date. You may request a refund within 30 days of purchase if the product hasn’t been downloaded or used yet. You may also request for a refund within the 30 days of purchase if there is an issue with the product that the Vendor fails to respond to your request to resolve the issue within 2 weeks. Once these conditions are met, you can contact support@coronalabs.com and we will help process your refund.

There’s a problem with the product I bought.

First try contacting the Vendor for any support related to the product you purchased. Different ways to reach the Vendor should be listed in the Vendor’s Profile page or the product’s page itself. If the Vendor fails to respond to your request to resolve the issue after 2 weeks and if the issue appears valid, please contact support@coronalabs.com to petition for a refund.

Reading those FAQ questions, if you’re past 30 days, there isn’t much we can do, but given you’re trying to use it on a platform that the vendor doesn’t claim to support, I’m not sure what recourse we have.

Rob