CPM : Code Generator

Correct me if I am wrong but when specifying UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities in your build.settings, shouldn’t they come as a table?

plist = {  
 UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities = {"telephony", "wifi", "sms", "camera-flash"},  
}  

-- And not like this  
plist = {  
 UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities = "telephony",   
 UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities = "sms",  
 UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities = "wifi",  
 UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities = "camera-flash"  
}  

When I don’t put the Capabilities in a table, xcode throw a silent error and prohibit me from installing on any device(iphone4 5.1.1, iphone5 6.0.1, ipad3 6.0.1). I’m on CPM 3.0.5 (11)

Btw, is there an update coming for iPhone5 support in project settings? [import]uid: 13560 topic_id: 34169 reply_id: 334169[/import]

Thanks for letting me know about the problem with UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities – it’s quite possible there are other problems like that in the Code Generator. If I don’t use those settings in my own projects I never know they’re broken. :slight_smile:

I’ll see if I can’t get that fixed in the next update, although it will probably be the update after next – since the next one should hit in just a few days.

iPhone 5 will be in Project Settings in the next update – which will be Outlaw 3.0.6 and not CPM.

Jay [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 34169 reply_id: 135981[/import]

Will that update be available through the auto update? I’ve had quite a few crashes in the last couple of months, using latest CPM, just wonder if switching to Outlaw is free for CPM users or do we have to purchase a new license in order to get the update? [import]uid: 13560 topic_id: 34169 reply_id: 136140[/import]

Outlaw will be a free “cross grade” for CPM owners. But I’m still missing two pieces: first, a way to get CPM projects into Outlaw automatically, and second, a way to generate a new registration key automatically.

Outlaw does fix one of the bugs that I saw from one of the last bug report you generated.

The update to Outlaw will not be via the auto update. In fact, I’ve had so many problems with the auto update that it is going away completely until I can beat it into submission.

As soon as I have an importer for CPM projects and a way for CPM users to auto generate a new key for Outlaw, I’ll be sending out an upgrade/cross grade email. And announcing it here.

Jay [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 34169 reply_id: 136161[/import]

Thanks for letting me know about the problem with UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities – it’s quite possible there are other problems like that in the Code Generator. If I don’t use those settings in my own projects I never know they’re broken. :slight_smile:

I’ll see if I can’t get that fixed in the next update, although it will probably be the update after next – since the next one should hit in just a few days.

iPhone 5 will be in Project Settings in the next update – which will be Outlaw 3.0.6 and not CPM.

Jay [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 34169 reply_id: 135981[/import]

Will that update be available through the auto update? I’ve had quite a few crashes in the last couple of months, using latest CPM, just wonder if switching to Outlaw is free for CPM users or do we have to purchase a new license in order to get the update? [import]uid: 13560 topic_id: 34169 reply_id: 136140[/import]

Outlaw will be a free “cross grade” for CPM owners. But I’m still missing two pieces: first, a way to get CPM projects into Outlaw automatically, and second, a way to generate a new registration key automatically.

Outlaw does fix one of the bugs that I saw from one of the last bug report you generated.

The update to Outlaw will not be via the auto update. In fact, I’ve had so many problems with the auto update that it is going away completely until I can beat it into submission.

As soon as I have an importer for CPM projects and a way for CPM users to auto generate a new key for Outlaw, I’ll be sending out an upgrade/cross grade email. And announcing it here.

Jay [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 34169 reply_id: 136161[/import]