CPM in Mac App Store

Almost six months after I started working on it, Corona Project Manager is now in the Mac App Store. (No, it didn’t take that long, it was just a lower priority until I was in danger of losing the name . Again.)

If you already own CPM, do NOT buy it from the Mac App Store. You don’t need to pay me twice, plus, until I get some things straightened out, the MAS version is one behind the “normal” version. At some point they’ll match, but right now I have to have two different code bases (horrible!).

Anyway, just wanted to mention it in case you ran across it. Both versions will be updated at (almost) the same time going forward.

Jay

[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 15781 reply_id: 315781[/import]

Hello Jay!

So as I am an actual customer of your product - CPM - just would like to know if I will be able to be advised of your updates even though I did not buy it via Apple Store (that normally advices you about the software updates).

Thanks for the great software btw!
Regards,
Rodrigo. [import]uid: 89165 topic_id: 15781 reply_id: 58268[/import]

Yes, that’s one of the differences in CPM from me and CPM from the MAS – when you buy from me, Sparkle is part of the package. That’s the thing that watches for updates and asks if you want to install now or later. The MAS version doesn’t have that – you actually have to use the MAS app to see what updates are available.

Jay [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 15781 reply_id: 58270[/import]

So I am assuming that my CPM bought from you comes already with that “Sparkle” built-in right?

If so, better!

Thank you for the quick reply.

Rodrigo. [import]uid: 89165 topic_id: 15781 reply_id: 58278[/import]

Yep, Sparkle is built-in. When a new version is ready you’ll see that when you launch CPM (as long as you’re online).

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 15781 reply_id: 58307[/import]

Got it!
Ty Jay.

[import]uid: 89165 topic_id: 15781 reply_id: 58308[/import]