Crash on launch (Windows)

[UPDATE: I found a workaround. I copied a generic “skin” in the resources/skins folder to match the old skin name: Samsung-Galaxy-S5.lua. Then the Corona Simulator launched without crashing. After that I selected a new Android skin, as usual, from “View As”. Thus resolved.]

I just installed build 3658. It doesn’t recognize the phone “skin” from the last time I used Solar2D. That’s NOT a problem. The problem is that the app then immediately crashes. Won’t run. I have uninstalled and re-installed. Where is the initialization data that requests the specific skin?

Sounds like something broke with the latest version, @Scott_Harrison .

Solar2D 2021.3658
Changes since previous build:

• Simulator: skipping Solar2DMarketplace initialization if it won’t be used (6676457)
  • Simulator: Replaced old Android Skins (3391044)
  • Simulator: Replaced old Android Skins (b4167ab)
1 Like

UPDATE: I found a workaround. I copied a generic “skin” in the resources/skins folder to match the old skin name: Samsung-Galaxy-S5.lua. Then the Corona Simulator launched without crashing. After that I selected a new Android skin, as usual, from “View As”. Thus resolved.

I am publishing a new build that fixes this issue (look for 3659+), glad you found a workaround

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.