Cubic Run - an endless runner

Hi!

So I’ve managed to make a game in several hours! You play as a little cute cube, the goal is to not get collected by Cubester (thanks BatGirl). On your way you collect power ups for yourself. They are random and you might need to get several before you get any effect.

Powers are: leave a trail, make sparks, double and triple jump, gliding (hold to glide) and teleport (touch left side to quickly go down).

I hope you will like it.

The final version took me more than 4 hours, but I couldn’t help it add extra eye pleasing effects to it.

So in 4 hours I had the whole gameplay implemented.

And I think extra 3 hours went to add parallax background, trail, sparks, stars, shading, color scheme fixing, high score, saving to a file and sounds.

I had some amount of code already ready (my own libs) and I really have been thinking about the concept before starting to code.

Funny thing it’s my first project that uses Physics.

BSaIqlrCIAAzcJ1.png

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S4qwbHjPdc[/media]

Music by Riley Marengo.

I’ve compiled an APK. Go and play on your Android device

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55969280/CubicRun.apk

Turns out trail makes my kindle fire lag a bit - added low performance detection and disabling trail smoothing.

nice.

Looks great, reminds me of Impossible Game which is really good. I think yours looks even better with the parallax and all. Lots of potential.

Very cool!  I like what you did with the rectangles for graphics!

Added a link to an APK.

Wow, this is really solid. Reminds me of Canabalt. I like how he went under the cube at the end. Post to the forum when you publish this, I want to play it!

You can play it now! There is an APK included. I hope you have an Android device.

So far only one person asked for the source. Don’t be shy!

WOW! That’s Sweet! I enjoyed just watching the video. Imagine if I actually played the game :slight_smile:

the art really is great, honestly!

Great Fun watching the Video… Congrats on the good work done …

wow! this looks amazing! very impressive (especially as I’ve spent ages trying to develop code even to this level) - so well done you :slight_smile: I did (temporarily) give up with a game of this type and concentrated on my book/game app (which will be released in the next few weeks) - however I would LOVE to see your code (if thats ok?).

Thank you and hope to speak soon,

Chris

nice.

Looks great, reminds me of Impossible Game which is really good. I think yours looks even better with the parallax and all. Lots of potential.

Very cool!  I like what you did with the rectangles for graphics!

Added a link to an APK.

Wow, this is really solid. Reminds me of Canabalt. I like how he went under the cube at the end. Post to the forum when you publish this, I want to play it!

You can play it now! There is an APK included. I hope you have an Android device.

So far only one person asked for the source. Don’t be shy!

WOW! That’s Sweet! I enjoyed just watching the video. Imagine if I actually played the game :slight_smile: