Customizing Help in Menu Bar

I just got a rejection when posting to the Mac App Store because the “help” menu item was visible in the Help menu list but I had not implemented anything for it.

How do you customize this? Implement functionality for it or remove the item?

I’m checking with Engineering…

Rob

You can customize what Help button opens with following

settings = { osx = { plist={ DeveloperURL="http://google.com/?q=Get%20Help" } } }

Great, thanks Rob/vlads! This solves my problem.

On a sidenote, I wonder if there is more about the menu that is configurable. Perhaps the documentation should have something about this.

The answer here allows the Help tab to link to a url, in this case Google. My app was rejected for the same reason as the original poster and I am re-submitting with this answer implemented. However, I have downloaded several apps in my app’s category and I noticed that none of them even show the Help tab or Help menu option.

So my question is a follow up to the one that started this: Is there a way to remove or prevent Help from showing at all?

Probably Google is not great URL to put for “Show Help”. Anyway, next daily build would fix the help menu entry, and hide it if no DeveloperURL is present.

That’s great news. Thanks for attending to this so quickly!

I tested Daily Build 3455 and the Help menu is still coming up in the app after I removed the DeveloperUrl.

I’m checking with Engineering…

Rob

You can customize what Help button opens with following

settings = { osx = { plist={ DeveloperURL="http://google.com/?q=Get%20Help" } } }

Great, thanks Rob/vlads! This solves my problem.

On a sidenote, I wonder if there is more about the menu that is configurable. Perhaps the documentation should have something about this.

The answer here allows the Help tab to link to a url, in this case Google. My app was rejected for the same reason as the original poster and I am re-submitting with this answer implemented. However, I have downloaded several apps in my app’s category and I noticed that none of them even show the Help tab or Help menu option.

So my question is a follow up to the one that started this: Is there a way to remove or prevent Help from showing at all?

Probably Google is not great URL to put for “Show Help”. Anyway, next daily build would fix the help menu entry, and hide it if no DeveloperURL is present.

That’s great news. Thanks for attending to this so quickly!

I tested Daily Build 3455 and the Help menu is still coming up in the app after I removed the DeveloperUrl.