[Daily] More detailed changelog? Maintenance.. Maintenance..

Hey Corona team,

I am an advocate of getting the latest daily build while working on my apps, and recently created a script that will check for the latest daily build upon my app launching via the simulator.  Now for something that is semi-closed source, I know you don’t wish to reveal what changes were made internally within Corona, but the constant message of “Maintenance” and no way to know what bugs are attempted to be fixed or changed, even in the bitbucket, kind of makes the changelog useless (consumer side) and is flooded with Maintenance messages making it hard to see what daily build versions where things actually changed.

This may be a bit of work to do but some examples of good updates on nightly/dailys:

https://blog.nightly.mozilla.org/

https://review.lineageos.org/#/q/status:merged

If there is another resource im missing in regards to seeing what things are fixed/changed inside Corona (besides the bitbucket and daily build summary) that I don’t know about, please let me know, but otherwise I do appreciate the work you guys have done over the years.

Cheers.

+1

+1

I’ve been asking for this for ages.  Especially a push of “what’s new, what’s fixed, etc” so we are aware of what each new build brings.

Just a simple email would be nice.  Sim integration even better.

We will always tell you what we fixed and what we added when those features have public impact. We know you hate “Maintenence” entries. Frequently these are nothing more than “fixed a spelling mistake in a comment” or “repo maintenance”.  We also use them for backend changes that don’t affect you.

There are times where we need to add features to builds that are not public or accessible yet. They are there for our internal testing. Once we make those features public, we will no longer use the “Maintenance” tag.

Rob

+1

+1

I’ve been asking for this for ages.  Especially a push of “what’s new, what’s fixed, etc” so we are aware of what each new build brings.

Just a simple email would be nice.  Sim integration even better.

We will always tell you what we fixed and what we added when those features have public impact. We know you hate “Maintenence” entries. Frequently these are nothing more than “fixed a spelling mistake in a comment” or “repo maintenance”.  We also use them for backend changes that don’t affect you.

There are times where we need to add features to builds that are not public or accessible yet. They are there for our internal testing. Once we make those features public, we will no longer use the “Maintenance” tag.

Rob