DBA Explosion Generator 3.0 - FREE

xpg3_header.jpg
  Explosion Generator 3.0 is now available…

Sorry for the delay, we spent weeks adding security procedures, but then we decided the tool would be FREE.  So spent another few weeks undoing all that work…

Anyways it’s available now for both MAC and PC.

Download your FREE copy today.

http://www.deepblueapps.com/explosion-generator-3/

Here’s a quick run down of what we’ve added to V3.

Create stunning explosions for your games. With loads of controls over how the explosion looks including flares and fragments etc. Every explosion created is unique and super easy to generate.

• Mac and PC versions available
  • Generate up to 256 frames per animation
  • More controls over the Explosion dynamics
  • More particle effects
  • Advanced Frame Culling
  • Select your range of frames 4 to 256.
  • The system then selects the best frames from the explosion within the range
  • Save and Load your Explosion settings
  • Visualize your explosion on multiple backdrops
  • Enhanced auto masking of explosions
  • Vivid, bright and full explosions
  • Zoom in and quickly preview your selected frames
  • Support for Multiple displays Displays
  • Retina screens supported
  • Auto update features
  • Scalable explosions

Export Options:

• Series of PNG Frames
  • Series of TIFF Frames
  • Series of JPEG Frames
  • GameSalad Project file with animations all setup
  • Corona Project file with Sprite sheets
  • Generic Sprite Sheet with selectable Backdrop colour/fill
  • Cocos2d XCode Project with Sprite sheet
  • YoYo GameMaker projects with animations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COjOGilwNkI&feature=player_embedded

splash1.jpg
  New version 3 runs on:

• Mac X.6.8 Snow Leopard, X.7+ Lion, X.8+ Mountain Lion
  • Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
  • NOTE: WINDOWS 8 IS NOT SUPPORTED IN THIS VERSION – SORRY.

Loads of new features and frame management etc… We’ve got LOADS of videos on the website too - so you can see it in action and see how the controls produce different results etc…

Finally, for the FREE stuff on our site remember to just use the [CHECKOUT] buttons - not PayPal etc… You’ll be sent a link to your download yo YOUR email address.

Oh, we do have an optional [Donate] button if you like the tool and would like to see it developed further - but that’s optional :slight_smile:

Cheers
Wayne

http://www.deepblueapps.com

Wow, this is awesome!

This is a great tool, especially at the price.  Thanks for releasing this.

Wow, this looks cool…

This looks so cool! Unfortunately I am getting the following message when I try to checkout with Paypal (PC version):

Error: Order total is invalid.
Merchant: Please ensure your PayPal API settings are configured in accordance with the RomanCart instructions.

Any ideas?

Mo

@LairdGames

Nice tool. I would like to see something that generates actual corona lua code that works with the basic assets and generates the explosion in runtime reducing the memory consumption of an explosion and also adds some randomness…

It can for example utilize something like ParticleCandy but with a UI.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and support - glad you all like the tool.

@LairdGames

To get ANY free stuff from the DBA Website you simply need to use the [Checkout] Buttons - then the [Click here to complete] Buttons - NOT THE PAYPAL buttons… If you try and use the PayPal options with £0 in the basket you will get this error…

If you have any more problems with it, let me know and I’ll send you a screenshot…

@gtt

The Explosion Gen 3 tool does create all the LUA code you need and the Sprite sheets accordingly from the generated openGL explosion. But what I think you mean is: Have a tool that builds the PARTICLES using a front-end GUI to the amazing ParticleCandy library.

This is certainly doable… But here’s what HAS been happening to some of our development cycles over the last couple of years.

1. We started building a GUI to ParticleCandy - but then we saw a handful of other developers discussing and proposing to release a similar tool - so we abandoned development on this…

http://developer.coronalabs.com/code/particle-candy-effects-creator

1. We started an EXTENSIVE and fully feature rich GUI interface for Game Design/Development based on the Corona Engine. The tool was to support full [drag n drop] with the mechanics and code generated on the fly. Targeted at both NOVICE and PROFESSIONAL users. Similar in someways to the GameSalad / iStency / GameMaker systems/interfaces… But again - we saw quite a few other developers including CORONA themselves announce a front-end GUI for Corona - so again we abandoned that tool… We were pretty disappointed when Corona dropped their own tool though!

Anyways - glad the ExpGen tool is being used by lots of users!

Thanks for your support

Wayne

Worked PERFECTLY! WOW, this will make particle effect so much fun to design. I use Particle Candy (fantastic tool!) but was always intimited with all the options so I limited the use to some standard effect because the lack of editor. I really your tool as well because of the addition of objects like coins, or hearts. That is very cool.

THANKS!

Mo

Wow, this is awesome!

This is a great tool, especially at the price.  Thanks for releasing this.

Wow, this looks cool…

This looks so cool! Unfortunately I am getting the following message when I try to checkout with Paypal (PC version):

Error: Order total is invalid.
Merchant: Please ensure your PayPal API settings are configured in accordance with the RomanCart instructions.

Any ideas?

Mo

@LairdGames

Nice tool. I would like to see something that generates actual corona lua code that works with the basic assets and generates the explosion in runtime reducing the memory consumption of an explosion and also adds some randomness…

It can for example utilize something like ParticleCandy but with a UI.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and support - glad you all like the tool.

@LairdGames

To get ANY free stuff from the DBA Website you simply need to use the [Checkout] Buttons - then the [Click here to complete] Buttons - NOT THE PAYPAL buttons… If you try and use the PayPal options with £0 in the basket you will get this error…

If you have any more problems with it, let me know and I’ll send you a screenshot…

@gtt

The Explosion Gen 3 tool does create all the LUA code you need and the Sprite sheets accordingly from the generated openGL explosion. But what I think you mean is: Have a tool that builds the PARTICLES using a front-end GUI to the amazing ParticleCandy library.

This is certainly doable… But here’s what HAS been happening to some of our development cycles over the last couple of years.

1. We started building a GUI to ParticleCandy - but then we saw a handful of other developers discussing and proposing to release a similar tool - so we abandoned development on this…

http://developer.coronalabs.com/code/particle-candy-effects-creator

1. We started an EXTENSIVE and fully feature rich GUI interface for Game Design/Development based on the Corona Engine. The tool was to support full [drag n drop] with the mechanics and code generated on the fly. Targeted at both NOVICE and PROFESSIONAL users. Similar in someways to the GameSalad / iStency / GameMaker systems/interfaces… But again - we saw quite a few other developers including CORONA themselves announce a front-end GUI for Corona - so again we abandoned that tool… We were pretty disappointed when Corona dropped their own tool though!

Anyways - glad the ExpGen tool is being used by lots of users!

Thanks for your support

Wayne

Worked PERFECTLY! WOW, this will make particle effect so much fun to design. I use Particle Candy (fantastic tool!) but was always intimited with all the options so I limited the use to some standard effect because the lack of editor. I really your tool as well because of the addition of objects like coins, or hearts. That is very cool.

THANKS!

Mo

It looks really cool - the only problem is when I try to capture the frames, it gives me “Generating Frames - Please Wait” and “Internal Frame:” with no number, never continuing.

Any ideas?

• C

@Caleb P

It sounds like you are trying to capture a series of explosions with ‘minimal’ frame activity. By default the Explosion Generator tool is set up to cull what it thinks are redundant frames or similar frames. This can sometimes happen if (for example) you are trying to capture an explosion with no sparks etc…

There is an option with the tool called [FRAME CULLING]. Turning this off will force the tool to capture a lot more frames…

Please refer to the tutorial video below re [Frame Culling].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN1fUudbtLs

Cheers

Wayne

www.deepblueapps.com

It looks really cool - the only problem is when I try to capture the frames, it gives me “Generating Frames - Please Wait” and “Internal Frame:” with no number, never continuing.

Any ideas?

• C

@Caleb P

It sounds like you are trying to capture a series of explosions with ‘minimal’ frame activity. By default the Explosion Generator tool is set up to cull what it thinks are redundant frames or similar frames. This can sometimes happen if (for example) you are trying to capture an explosion with no sparks etc…

There is an option with the tool called [FRAME CULLING]. Turning this off will force the tool to capture a lot more frames…

Please refer to the tutorial video below re [Frame Culling].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN1fUudbtLs

Cheers

Wayne

www.deepblueapps.com

this is a very useful tool, is there a way to replace the particle sprite that you use to generate the explosion?

thanks