Debug build gives error: Error code 256

Hi all! 

I have a weird problem for a long time but everytime I was facing the problem I was just skipping opening a topic. However, today facing the problem again, I decided to write about it. Every time I build for production and then switch to debug build, at the end of the build I get the “cannot recover key” error. After that I restart the Corona Simulator and build again, it works. I have even tried clicking on the build button and then just right after it cancelling the build, restarting the simulator and trying building again but it has not worked. It’s like I have to build, fail, restart and then build got debug.

Has anybody such a problem? It’s disgusting after waiting about 10 minutes for the build, getting the error and start and wait for another 10 minutes. 

Here is the log: https://pastebin.com/JeNuuCwX

ugh… Sorry about that. We’ll look into it.

vlads, I still have this error. I don’t know if others also get this error. 

Below is the last few lines of the error: 

Dec 30 07:15:07.101 Dec 30 07:15:38.590 \> Task :App:mergeDexRelease Dec 30 07:15:38.591 \> Task :App:packageRelease FAILED Dec 30 07:15:38.692 Dec 30 07:15:38.693 FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. \* What went wrong: Execution failed for task ':App:packageRelease'. \> A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade \> com.android.ide.common.signing.KeytoolException: Failed to read key androiddebugkey from store "/Applications/Corona-3565/Corona Simulator.app/Contents/Resources/debug.keystore": Cannot recover key \* Try: Run with --stacktrace Dec 30 07:15:38.693 option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights. \* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org BUILD FAILED in 3m 32s 34 actionable tasks: 33 executed, 1 up-to-date Dec 30 07:15:41.371 Android build failed (256) after 219 seconds Dec 30 07:15:41.583 ERROR: Build Failed: Failed to Build Error code: 256

@vlads, after trying to build for debug version, I have just noticed that this problem still exists. :unamused: