Debugger menu greyed out

I can’t seem to do anything with the debugger (using latest Github version manually downloaded).   All debugger functions are greyed out (and toggle breakpoint/inspect variable in the context menu).

I’m also noticing the context menu items showing up in non-Lua files.  These should be locked down to source.lua as they have no reason to be shown in non-lua files.

You’re using the test version at the tip in Github so there are a few issues.  As mentioned in another thread, Package Control provides the officially released version.  We want to make the bleeding edge available to the adventurous to try but there will inevitably be stability issues and bugs.

I just patched Github so it won’t try and open the debug log which should solve your immediate issue.

Just downloaded it and it works great!

One thing, F11 on OSX defaults to Mission Control and it isn’t a good choice for OSX users.

I am very impressed with it though.  Didn’t think it would be coming so fast.

Thanks, please report the issues you find.

The use of function keys on Mac assumes you’ve set the Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys  option in System Preferences (or are willing to use the fn modifier all the time).  Suggestions for better (preferably non-operating system specific) keys to control the debugger would be very welcome.

An option to customize all the shortcuts in a dedicated configuration file (Key Bindings Default and User in the menu so they are easy to access) would be ideal, but this should update the shortcut key shown in the menu if you override it.  I suggested the same thing for the User and Default settings as well.

I think most of the naked F-keys are already taken.

I personally don’t use F11 or F12 but some people do use it for Mission Control (Show Desktop) and Show Dashboard.

I would likely set the keys to F11 & F12 for Step Into / Step Over if I could customize them myself as I don’t use Desktop/Dashboard functions via F-Keys and can disable them in OSX to allow them to work in Sublime.

You’re using the test version at the tip in Github so there are a few issues.  As mentioned in another thread, Package Control provides the officially released version.  We want to make the bleeding edge available to the adventurous to try but there will inevitably be stability issues and bugs.

I just patched Github so it won’t try and open the debug log which should solve your immediate issue.

Just downloaded it and it works great!

One thing, F11 on OSX defaults to Mission Control and it isn’t a good choice for OSX users.

I am very impressed with it though.  Didn’t think it would be coming so fast.

Thanks, please report the issues you find.

The use of function keys on Mac assumes you’ve set the Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys  option in System Preferences (or are willing to use the fn modifier all the time).  Suggestions for better (preferably non-operating system specific) keys to control the debugger would be very welcome.

An option to customize all the shortcuts in a dedicated configuration file (Key Bindings Default and User in the menu so they are easy to access) would be ideal, but this should update the shortcut key shown in the menu if you override it.  I suggested the same thing for the User and Default settings as well.

I think most of the naked F-keys are already taken.

I personally don’t use F11 or F12 but some people do use it for Mission Control (Show Desktop) and Show Dashboard.

I would likely set the keys to F11 & F12 for Step Into / Step Over if I could customize them myself as I don’t use Desktop/Dashboard functions via F-Keys and can disable them in OSX to allow them to work in Sublime.