Deep Blue Apps, Templates and Resources

Hi Ben,

What version of Corona are you running?
The original code you would have downloaded is compatible with Corona:

If you could confirm the version of Corona you are using, I’ll download and test, to see if I can reproduce the error.

Cheers
Wayne [import]uid: 125294 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 124501[/import]

Hi Wayne,

I’m using Corona 2012.894. Another thing i observed while testing the app on my iPad 1, there is a certain lag when you do quick strokes (no lines are drawn). The lines eventually draw after a few seconds and things go back to normal.

Ben [import]uid: 55445 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 124508[/import]

I’ve noticed the slow swipes as well on Android. I thought it was my device having a slow write speed but since your seeing it it could be something else.

Thanks
Derek
[import]uid: 73307 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 124597[/import]

Hi, we’ve had this mentioned previously by another user too.

When we first released the template, it was just before the iPad 3 Retina screen fiasco. We used Corona 704 & 741. Then something changed in the IO speed of the [display.save] functionality within Corona, it basically became rather slow. We have a BUILT version running on an iPad1, 2, 3 Android Google and Nexus phone, which is 100% responsive and efficient.

Our tests showed that something changed in the Corona backend when they changed the way they handled the iPad 3 Retina graphics. The then STABLE version of Corona was 704 - which was superseded to 704a, then 704b - from 704a, 704b and now 894, the IO speed using the [display.save] function is now slow, and can make the app feel unresponsive.

I’ve done another build using the latest daily build, and after each finger stroke, their is a delay, even on an iPad3 the delay is noticeable.

We’ll have a look into this, and see if we can find a suitable solution to the problem.

Cheers
Wayne [import]uid: 125294 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 124615[/import]

Thanks for the update. It will take me another two weeks to come up with my first app with your template. I hope you can release a fix by then.

Cheers,
Ben [import]uid: 55445 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 124640[/import]

Hi Wayne,

Brought DBA Canvas recently, tested it on my devices. I notice an error in the xcode console:

Sep 19 16:07:00 unknown UIKitApplication:com.swipea.app.test.testapp2[0x5b98][525] : Lua Runtime Error: lua_pcall failed with status: 2, error message is: ?:0: ‘for’ limit must be a number

What is your diagnostic?

Ben [import]uid: 55445 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 124500[/import]

Hi Ben,

What version of Corona are you running?
The original code you would have downloaded is compatible with Corona:

If you could confirm the version of Corona you are using, I’ll download and test, to see if I can reproduce the error.

Cheers
Wayne [import]uid: 125294 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 124501[/import]

Hi Wayne,

I’m using Corona 2012.894. Another thing i observed while testing the app on my iPad 1, there is a certain lag when you do quick strokes (no lines are drawn). The lines eventually draw after a few seconds and things go back to normal.

Ben [import]uid: 55445 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 124508[/import]

I’ve noticed the slow swipes as well on Android. I thought it was my device having a slow write speed but since your seeing it it could be something else.

Thanks
Derek
[import]uid: 73307 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 124597[/import]

Hi, we’ve had this mentioned previously by another user too.

When we first released the template, it was just before the iPad 3 Retina screen fiasco. We used Corona 704 & 741. Then something changed in the IO speed of the [display.save] functionality within Corona, it basically became rather slow. We have a BUILT version running on an iPad1, 2, 3 Android Google and Nexus phone, which is 100% responsive and efficient.

Our tests showed that something changed in the Corona backend when they changed the way they handled the iPad 3 Retina graphics. The then STABLE version of Corona was 704 - which was superseded to 704a, then 704b - from 704a, 704b and now 894, the IO speed using the [display.save] function is now slow, and can make the app feel unresponsive.

I’ve done another build using the latest daily build, and after each finger stroke, their is a delay, even on an iPad3 the delay is noticeable.

We’ll have a look into this, and see if we can find a suitable solution to the problem.

Cheers
Wayne [import]uid: 125294 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 124615[/import]

Thanks for the update. It will take me another two weeks to come up with my first app with your template. I hope you can release a fix by then.

Cheers,
Ben [import]uid: 55445 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 124640[/import]

Hi All,

We have been testing a revised version of the DBACanvas template with various users, and have a new version available. If you previously purchased the template, and have not yet received the update, please drop me an email and I’ll get the new version over to you.

Thanks again everyone for your support,

Cheers
Wayne

Email: sales [at] deepblueapps [dot] com
Web: http://www.deepblueapps.com
[import]uid: 125294 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 125347[/import]

I’m emailing now! Thank You! [import]uid: 14218 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 125356[/import]

Hi All,

We have been testing a revised version of the DBACanvas template with various users, and have a new version available. If you previously purchased the template, and have not yet received the update, please drop me an email and I’ll get the new version over to you.

Thanks again everyone for your support,

Cheers
Wayne

Email: sales [at] deepblueapps [dot] com
Web: http://www.deepblueapps.com
[import]uid: 125294 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 125347[/import]

I’m emailing now! Thank You! [import]uid: 14218 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 125356[/import]

NEW: 3D Arctic Runner Template - £5 GBP*
Requires Corona 2012.894 +

*Enter the Promotion code 3dInCorona to get this template for £5
Normal price is £10. Offer available until 1st January 2013.

This template demonstrates a pseudo 3D technique; with objects and actors getting larger as they come towards you. Recreate many forward running games like Space Harrier, Zombie Chase and Haunted Woods. This template shows you how to recreate this superb effect, simply and efficiently.

As the enemies and rocks etc move down the screen they appear to get bigger, simply tap the LEFT or RIGHT side of the screen to avoid the baddies. Collect as many fish as you can to increase your score.

Features:

• Simple, clean code
  • Pseudo 3D effect
  • Hit zones based on Size
  • No Physics used
  • Simple Controls
  • Instant 3D game creation
  • Multiple Spawning into Arrays / and cleanup routines
  • Random generators for positions and fish etc
  • Art and music Included
  • Endless opportunities to create the next big hit

http://www.deepblueapps.com/3d-arctic-runner-corona/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMuPzpgm7Ls&feature=player_embedded

Also - this new templates and EVERYTHING we have ever developed is all available to the DBA Resource Centre PRO users.

Cheers everyone - and thanks again for your amazing upport.
Wayne
www.deepblueapps.com [import]uid: 125294 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 135009[/import]

Thanks DBA! I just purchased the template. What’s next? [import]uid: 14218 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 135243[/import]

NEW: 3D Arctic Runner Template - £5 GBP*
Requires Corona 2012.894 +

*Enter the Promotion code 3dInCorona to get this template for £5
Normal price is £10. Offer available until 1st January 2013.

This template demonstrates a pseudo 3D technique; with objects and actors getting larger as they come towards you. Recreate many forward running games like Space Harrier, Zombie Chase and Haunted Woods. This template shows you how to recreate this superb effect, simply and efficiently.

As the enemies and rocks etc move down the screen they appear to get bigger, simply tap the LEFT or RIGHT side of the screen to avoid the baddies. Collect as many fish as you can to increase your score.

Features:

• Simple, clean code
  • Pseudo 3D effect
  • Hit zones based on Size
  • No Physics used
  • Simple Controls
  • Instant 3D game creation
  • Multiple Spawning into Arrays / and cleanup routines
  • Random generators for positions and fish etc
  • Art and music Included
  • Endless opportunities to create the next big hit

http://www.deepblueapps.com/3d-arctic-runner-corona/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMuPzpgm7Ls&feature=player_embedded

Also - this new templates and EVERYTHING we have ever developed is all available to the DBA Resource Centre PRO users.

Cheers everyone - and thanks again for your amazing upport.
Wayne
www.deepblueapps.com [import]uid: 125294 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 135009[/import]

Thanks Daniel,
We appreciate the support.

Up next is an endless running template - should be ready Wednesday this week. Here’s a quick video we made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW2I_SV5sg4

Cheers
Wayne
www.deepblueapps.com [import]uid: 125294 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 135474[/import]

Looking forward to buying this template as well! [import]uid: 14218 topic_id: 22933 reply_id: 135483[/import]