device.reportsAbsoluteDpadValues = true still returns relative coordinates

Title says it all really.

Daily build 2906.

I am writing my own control codes and I intend to use relativeTouch events for most things, so I need them to return actual coordinates, not relative ones (naturally you can extract relative movement from absolute ones, but not vica versa).

Hi @rakoonic,

We’ll probably need a bug report filed for this (I know, I know, but that’s the process). :slight_smile:

Brent

One was filed. If it is gone I guess it is because if the chat we had between us and Vlad. The property does affect the axis events, as these are via the gamepad libs, while relativetouch events can’t be absolute (because of the uikit lib it comes from, it is a similar reason why relativetouch events don’t include a device property).
So it appears maybe what is needed is just to update the docs to make clear what reportsAbsoluteDpadValues affects.

As it happens, I’ve managed to get my lib working *touch wood* with just key and axis events which IMO makes more sense as now everything is device-specific.
Ie touch and tap events do generate coordinates (the only downside being that this can cause a tiny additional delay as the related axis events aren’t always triggered in the same frame).

Hi @rakoonic,

We’ll probably need a bug report filed for this (I know, I know, but that’s the process). :slight_smile:

Brent

One was filed. If it is gone I guess it is because if the chat we had between us and Vlad. The property does affect the axis events, as these are via the gamepad libs, while relativetouch events can’t be absolute (because of the uikit lib it comes from, it is a similar reason why relativetouch events don’t include a device property).
So it appears maybe what is needed is just to update the docs to make clear what reportsAbsoluteDpadValues affects.

As it happens, I’ve managed to get my lib working *touch wood* with just key and axis events which IMO makes more sense as now everything is device-specific.
Ie touch and tap events do generate coordinates (the only downside being that this can cause a tiny additional delay as the related axis events aren’t always triggered in the same frame).