Different monetization model for App Store and Google Play - what do you think?

What if we would use different monetization models for App Store and Google Play? For example paid app for iOS and free with ads for Android?

How often this is used and what are the reception from the players? I’m considering this 'cause based on statistics, iOS users spend more money for apps and Android users are more used that everything is free.

What do you think?

I don’t see why not.  Just keep in mind on Google Play once you make an app free you can never make it paid again, it is permanently free.  You can, however, at any time add IAPs.  

Also, I might be wrong but I believe Amazon does have issues with different models on the other stores (i.e. if it is free on Google then Amazon also wants it to be free).  Just in case you were considering Amazon

It happens quite a bit actually.

Cut the rope and angry birds do this all the time.

I don’t see why not.  Just keep in mind on Google Play once you make an app free you can never make it paid again, it is permanently free.  You can, however, at any time add IAPs.  

Also, I might be wrong but I believe Amazon does have issues with different models on the other stores (i.e. if it is free on Google then Amazon also wants it to be free).  Just in case you were considering Amazon

It happens quite a bit actually.

Cut the rope and angry birds do this all the time.