Different results with identical build settings and config file

Hi!

Strangeness here: I have two projects. The first and oldest runs fullscreen nicely from the start. I was happy with this so I just copied the build settings and config file over to the new project. However, this new one runs in a floating window with title bar, strangely enough.

Not only that, but I also have the impression that some settings don’t behave as they should. For the record, my build settings are:

settings = { win32 = { preferenceStorage = "sqlite", singleInstance = true, }, window = { defaultMode = "normal", defaultViewWidth = 1920, defaultViewHeight = 1080, resizable = false, enableCloseButton = true, }, orientation = { default = "landscape", supported = { "landscape", "landscapeLeft", "landscapeRight" }, } }

And my config.lua is:

application = { content = { fps = 60, audioPlayFrequency = 44100, width = 1080, height = 1920, scale = "letterBox", antialias = true, }, }

As stated above, these are identical for both applications. Is anyone aware of bugs with this?

Here’s some visual reference. I have even copied the full project completely into the two folders. One starts fullscreen, the other windowed.

Is it possible the older app maybe wrote some setting somewhere in the sqlite or registry file, and even after changing it, it kept the old style of windowing for itself, but the new app just uses the real new settings?

By the way, my goal is just to have my app run fullscreen on my 1920 x 1080 monitor.

For some reason my pictures are upside down, but you get the picture, right?

You probably should use:

defaultMode = “fullscreen”,

in your build.settings if you want full screen. The config.lua is about setting your content scale. It has little to do with windows modes on desktop. All those windows size controls are in build.settings.

Rob

Here’s some visual reference. I have even copied the full project completely into the two folders. One starts fullscreen, the other windowed.

Is it possible the older app maybe wrote some setting somewhere in the sqlite or registry file, and even after changing it, it kept the old style of windowing for itself, but the new app just uses the real new settings?

By the way, my goal is just to have my app run fullscreen on my 1920 x 1080 monitor.

For some reason my pictures are upside down, but you get the picture, right?

You probably should use:

defaultMode = “fullscreen”,

in your build.settings if you want full screen. The config.lua is about setting your content scale. It has little to do with windows modes on desktop. All those windows size controls are in build.settings.

Rob