Director not changing scenes

This is actually a solution more than a question. I’ll explain.
I was making a new animation for my new app as an opening scene. So I created a module with the animation.
After the animation it should have load the main menu. But it didn’t.
So after a couple of hours of trying I added a button and an eventlistener to it.
It worked!
So it seems that if you don’t assign an event to an object (and a call to a function of course) you will never be able to go from one scene to the other… what if I had a series of animations that I want to put in different modules then?
It looks like I’ll have to add a button at the end of the animation to move to the next or main module.

I hope this helps someone eventually.

cheers
[import]uid: 12407 topic_id: 37124 reply_id: 67124[/import]

Sounds weird.

You should be able to change scene whenever and however you want, whether it’s based on a timer, a button being pressed, a certain condition being met etc.

As someone who shudders at the thought of going back to Director and hours of banging my head against a brick wall, I can’t recommend switching to Storyboard highly enough! [import]uid: 93133 topic_id: 37124 reply_id: 145389[/import]

Storyboard … mmhh … last time I heard it was glitchy … did that changed?
[import]uid: 12407 topic_id: 37124 reply_id: 145420[/import]

Sounds weird.

You should be able to change scene whenever and however you want, whether it’s based on a timer, a button being pressed, a certain condition being met etc.

As someone who shudders at the thought of going back to Director and hours of banging my head against a brick wall, I can’t recommend switching to Storyboard highly enough! [import]uid: 93133 topic_id: 37124 reply_id: 145389[/import]

Storyboard … mmhh … last time I heard it was glitchy … did that changed?
[import]uid: 12407 topic_id: 37124 reply_id: 145420[/import]