Disable "Glider Debugger Warning"

Is there any way that I can disable the “Glider Debugger Warning” that appears when running the app on a device?

I am developing a project using CoronaViewer and that message keeps appearing on my development device

the warning itself states “press the hammer when building for devices”. so instead of running play (the triangle) you press the hammer with the cleaning brush and then perform the build. In doing so the debugger library won’t be included in the build…

I know that, but I want to disable that message. I don’t want to press the hammer because when you do it, the Corona simulator does not refreshes itself after you modify a file.

Hello Renato,

After the v2.1.2 update you will have 2 additional options under Glider options->editor. “Do not copy files” option will disable file copying and it will then be impossible for the simulator not to refresh after modifying a file. This will also disable asset management if you are using it, but if not then we suggest you turn on the option.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Ok. But, why not simply add a “Ok” button to your alert (“Glider Debugger Warning”) to make it close? That would be sufficient to solve the problem without having to change any configuration.

@Renato,

Thanks for the suggestion. We will add the “Ok” button in our next update.

Regards.

M.Y. Developers

the warning itself states “press the hammer when building for devices”. so instead of running play (the triangle) you press the hammer with the cleaning brush and then perform the build. In doing so the debugger library won’t be included in the build…

I know that, but I want to disable that message. I don’t want to press the hammer because when you do it, the Corona simulator does not refreshes itself after you modify a file.

Hello Renato,

After the v2.1.2 update you will have 2 additional options under Glider options->editor. “Do not copy files” option will disable file copying and it will then be impossible for the simulator not to refresh after modifying a file. This will also disable asset management if you are using it, but if not then we suggest you turn on the option.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

Ok. But, why not simply add a “Ok” button to your alert (“Glider Debugger Warning”) to make it close? That would be sufficient to solve the problem without having to change any configuration.

@M.Y.

hello, I am a newbie in luaglider2.

Everything works but the hammer. When I run or debug the sw it runs in the simulator and on device.

Trying to remove the debugger (pressing the hammer button, with or w/o cleaning hammer first, the simulator starts but it then hangs with the Corona simulator screen black and the mouse pointer gets the waiting colored circle when positioned on the simulator .

I am using Yosemite and the following Lua Glider version, from the about screen:

Product Version: Lua Glider 2.0 201403101706

Java: 1.8.0; Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM 25.0-b70

Runtime: Java™ SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0-b132

System: Mac OS X version 10.10 running on x86_64; UTF-8; it_IT (luaglider2)

User directory: /Users/stefanotosi/Library/Application Support/luaglider2/dev

Cache directory: /Users/stefanotosi/Library/Application Support/luaglider2/dev/var/cache       

Any clue ?

Thank you and regards

st

BTW great sw ! I think I will buy it …

Hello st.tosi,

Thanks for trying out Glider. Please make sure you have the latest version of Glider. You can see the version by going to window->what’s new and you should have Glider 2.1.31. Then please go to Tools->Options->Glider options->Editor-> and check “do not copy files” box. Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

I did not find in the Tools menu the entry you say.

I downloaded again the sw from the download button of your website: see please the attached screenshots showing the button I used to download and the Corona simulator just having pressed the hammer button.

The Glider sw version is exactly the same as in my previous post. The WhatsNew window shows 

Glider v 2.0.5

• Add Calltable as alternative to callgraph visualization.       

as the latest version. I do not know how to download that.

Please advise.

Thank you.

st

@Renato,

Thanks for the suggestion. We will add the “Ok” button in our next update.

Regards.

M.Y. Developers

Hello st.tosi,

You should be able to update to the latest version by going to Tools->Plugins-> click “Check for Updates” and then click update. Then you should see Glider v 2.1.31 in the WatsNew window. Please let us know if this works.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers 

@M.Y.

nope

done as suggested. 

Check for updates returns nothing

Available Plugins: nothing

downloaded:nothing

Installed: see please attachment  (reopened after checked for updates)

WhatsNew: see please attachment

Where do I get that version from ?

??

I would definitely need to remove the debugger in final binary…

Thank you for any help.

st

@st.tosi,

Please go to Tools ->Plugins->Settings and click “Add” on the right side. Then, paste this  http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/site/Glider/v2/v202/updates.xml into the url field and “Name” as Glider and click “Ok” . You should now see the updates. Once Glider is updated, the latest version should say Glider v 2.1.31. Please let us know if this works.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

done.

I now see in the WhatsNew Glider v 2.1.32.

I am now running Corona daily build 2014.2511

Pressing the hammer I get a (localized) message whose translation (mine) says:

“console.sh” cannot be opened as a CoreServicesUIAgent is not allowed to open documents in Terminal

is it related to access permission to the console.sh ?

Can we do one more step further ?

Thank you.

rgds

st

@st.tosi,

We have released an update. Please re-download the installer and let us know if the update fixed the issue you are having.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

@M.Y.

hello, I am a newbie in luaglider2.

Everything works but the hammer. When I run or debug the sw it runs in the simulator and on device.

Trying to remove the debugger (pressing the hammer button, with or w/o cleaning hammer first, the simulator starts but it then hangs with the Corona simulator screen black and the mouse pointer gets the waiting colored circle when positioned on the simulator .

I am using Yosemite and the following Lua Glider version, from the about screen:

Product Version: Lua Glider 2.0 201403101706

Java: 1.8.0; Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM 25.0-b70

Runtime: Java™ SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0-b132

System: Mac OS X version 10.10 running on x86_64; UTF-8; it_IT (luaglider2)

User directory: /Users/stefanotosi/Library/Application Support/luaglider2/dev

Cache directory: /Users/stefanotosi/Library/Application Support/luaglider2/dev/var/cache       

Any clue ?

Thank you and regards

st

BTW great sw ! I think I will buy it …